Open for Fall Open for All 2021
Open for Fall
Open for All
We believe in you.
We know that COVID-19 upended your lives and disrupted your education. You've stuck with it, despite all the obstacles. You’re ready for change, and so are we. This fall, we are safely reopening our campus for in-person classes, and we want to make sure you can join us. Apply for free, and come for an education that moves you forward.
We understand that your high school GPA isn’t the only measure of your future success, especially during a pandemic. That’s why we’re making it easier for you to come to PSU, and giving you the support you need to thrive on campus and achieve your degree, including:
- No application fee through June 15.
- No deposit for Fall term 2021 applicants..
- Temporarily reduced GPA requirements.
- Summer Bridge Scholars Program to help prepare selected incoming students for college.
- Expanded eligibility for Four Years Free.
- $2,500 on-campus housing discount for eligible low-income students.
We are proud to be Oregon’s premier destination for transfer students, and we look forward to resuming in person classes this fall. We want you here, and we’re doing everything we can to help you succeed, including:
- No application fee through June 15.
- No deposit for Fall term 2021 applicants.
- No GPA requirement for Transfers Finish Free.
- $2,500 on-campus housing discounts for eligible low-income students.
- One-time $1,200 scholarships for Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society members.
- Summer Bridge Transfer Scholars Program featuring a 3-credit, hybrid academic skills course to help with the transition to PSU. Limited space available, eligible students will be notified via email.
- Free Summer Bridge Transfer Workshop Series through the Transfer & Returning Student Resource Center. Open to all incoming transfer students! Topics include internships and careers, navigating the physical PSU campus and online campus, making connections at PSU, building community, connecting to your major, and fun social events!
We are returning to in-person classes in fall 2021 with comprehensive safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Vaccines have given us all reason to be optimistic about controlling its spread. All students attending classes on our downtown Portland campus beginning in fall 2021 will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. PSU's Center for Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) is an approved vaccination site and we are actively encouraging vaccinations and working to facilitate access. We will continue to work with our public health partners and follow their guidance on mask-wearing and physical distancing to make our campus as safe as possible.
We’re here for you
Students come first at PSU. We’ll do everything possible to ensure you thrive on campus and achieve a degree. You’ll find a full range of support tailored to your needs, including 10 cultural and resource centers, one-on-one tutors, academic advisors, career services, faculty mentors and financial coaches. To us, recovery isn’t a return to the old normal. It’s breaking barriers to create a new, more equitable future for everyone.
A College of Distinction
Portland State is a national College of Distinction for helping students learn, grow and succeed. We earned this mark of excellence for our innovative University Studies program and our exceptional University Honors College, our four-year paths to undergraduate success. Choose from more than 200 degree programs that take you out of the classroom and into the community for hands-on projects, research and internships. Discover why U.S. News & World Report ranks PSU as Oregon’s most transformative university.
We are more than Oregon’s most affordable and diverse urban public research university. We are the testing ground for new ideas and creative solutions in the heart of downtown Portland. Our graduates go on to invent for Intel, save lives at Oregon Health & Science University, design for Nike, and launch their own innovative companies. And, they earn a median salary of $51,000 one year after graduation. At PSU, no matter where you start, you’ll find a clear path to success.