The Center for Student Health & Counseling (SHAC)
We're here for you!
While PSU classes are flex through Fall term, SHAC remains fully committed to the physical and emotional health and wellness of PSU students. Schedule your telehealth appointment today by calling 503.725.2800.
COVID TESTS FOR TRAVEL
If you are asymptomatic, have NOT had an exposure to COVID-19, and want a COVID test for travel please be aware of the following:
- PCR testing results are taking at least a week to get back at this time (it could become longer because of the increase in testing)
- Many clinics are running out of supplies so Rapid PCR testing for travel is not a priority
- The Rapid Antigen test cannot be used for travel
SHAC Acknowledgement & Accountability Statement
SHAC is committed to affirming and providing care for all of our students who have been directly or vicariously impacted by trauma and discrimination.
For the full statement visit the SHAC Acknowledgement & Accountability Statement.
Think SHAC first!
At the Center for Student Health & Counseling, we’re committed to helping students succeed inside and out of the classroom. From managing stress to general wellness, we focus on the overall well-being of Portland State’s student body. At SHAC you can find high quality, accessible mental health, physical health and dental services - all under one roof! We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment where all people of diverse backgrounds and identities can expect to be valued and treated with respect and dignity.
SHAC has created a comprehensive webpage to help the PSU community navigate COVID-19. The COVID-19 Resource page has a wide variety of mental health resources and information covering topics such as: managing stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, surviving/resisting hate and more.
Inform SHAC of COVID-19 positive test results or diagnosis to help PSU initiate centralized university level responses to protect our community. Please report if you've been to PSU within the past two weeks.
If you think you've been exposed to COVID-19, don't complete this form. Call SHAC at 503.725.2800.
Flu Shots at SHAC - By Appointment
To schedule your flu shot appointment, call 503.725.2800.
Flu shot clinics will take place at SHAC every Tuesday - 9:30am - 12pm & 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Influenza Vaccine Information Statement
- Flu Vaccine Consent Form - fill out prior to appointment
- Cost: $22 (Students with the PSU Student Health Insurance Plan billed at no cost ($0) to you)
It’s tempting to read the news, but that can often lead to unnecessary anxiety. SHAC recommends you pick a reputable site and use that as your source of information. To learn more about the Coronavirus, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website or the Oregon Health Authority website.
Spring Waiver Status: OPEN through 4/11/21 11:59pm PST
Access the Waiver Application.
You do not need to do a waiver if you have an approved waiver from Fall 2020 or Winter 2021.
If you missed the Winter Waiver Deadline (1/17/21) visit the Missed Waiver Appeal information page for due dates and criteria.
SHAC staff are available and here to support you! Call SHAC first!
- Health Services: Telehealth services and phone evaluations are available. In-person office visits for non-routine care are by appointment only.
- We will continue to monitor all secure messages, phone calls, and refill requests.
- Navigating a telehealth visit with SHAC
- Counseling Services: Telemental health services are available.
- Dental Services: We are currently offering routine and emergency dental care services.
- For the list of up to date clinic hours, visit the Dental Services page.