SHAC Acknowledgement & Accountability Statement
SHAC is committed to affirming and providing care for all of our students who have been directly or vicariously impacted by trauma and discrimination.
For the full statement visit the SHAC Acknowledgement & Accountability Statement.
We're STILL here for you
While PSU classes are online through the end of the Summer 2020 term, SHAC remains fully committed to the physical and emotional health and wellness of PSU students. Schedule your telehealth appointment today by calling 503-725-2800.
Think SHAC first! At the Center for Student Health & Counseling, we’re committed to helping students succeed inside and out of the classroom. From managing stress to general wellness, we focus on the overall well-being of Portland State’s student body. At SHAC you can find high quality, accessible mental health, physical health, dental services, and testing services - all under one roof! We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment where all people of diverse backgrounds and identities can expect to be valued and treated with respect and dignity.
Updated SHAC Hours & Services
SHAC staff are available and here to support you! Call SHAC first!
- Health Services: Phone evaluations are now available. In-person office visits for non-routine care are by appointment only. Telehealth services are now available.
- We will continue to monitor all secure messages, phone calls, and refill requests.
- Navigating a telehealth visit with SHAC
- Counseling Services: Telemental health services are available.
- Dental Services: All nonessential and non-urgent dental care is suspended. Only emergency dental care is offered at this time. Dental Services clinic hours are changing effective Monday, March 30th and will be OPEN Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 8am-5pm (closed 12-1pm for lunch). There will be some Saturdays where Dental Services is open - call for more details.
It’s tempting to read the news, but that can often lead to unnecessary anxiety. SHAC recommends you pick a reputable site and use that as your source of information. To learn more about the Coronavirus, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website or the Oregon Health Authority website.
Hours of Operation
Due to a university wide reduction in hours, SHAC will be operating 4 days a week beginning June 1st. SHAC will be closed on Fridays.
Insurance Waiver Status: OPEN
Waiver deadline for summer is 7/5/20. If you already have an approved waiver from Fall'19, Winter or Spring '20, you do not need to do a Summer waiver. Fall 2020 waivers will not begin until August 2020.
Note to Spring Grads and students taking Summer term off: If you were on the PSU Student Health Insurance Plan with PacificSource in spring term, you will continue your health insurance through 9/19/20 regardless of graduation or not taking summer credits.
The Spring Waiver Application is now closed. The deadline to submit a Spring Waiver Application has passed (4/12/20). If you failed to complete a waiver application by the deadline, you can submit an appeal for consideration.