We're here for you!
While PSU classes are flex through Fall term, SHAC remains fully committed to the physical and emotional health and wellness of PSU students. Schedule your telehealth appointment today by calling 503.725.2800.
COVID TESTS FOR TRAVEL
If you are asymptomatic, have NOT had an exposure to COVID-19, and want a COVID test for travel please be aware of the following:
- PCR testing results are taking at least a week to get back at this time (it could become longer because of the increase in testing)
- Many clinics are running out of supplies so Rapid PCR testing for travel is not a priority
- The Rapid Antigen test cannot be used for travel
SHAC Acknowledgement & Accountability Statement
SHAC is committed to affirming and providing care for all of our students who have been directly or vicariously impacted by trauma and discrimination.
For the full statement visit the SHAC Acknowledgement & Accountability Statement.
Think SHAC first!
At the Center for Student Health & Counseling, we’re committed to helping students succeed inside and out of the classroom. From managing stress to general wellness, we focus on the overall well-being of Portland State’s student body. At SHAC you can find high quality, accessible mental health, physical health and dental services - all under one roof! We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment where all people of diverse backgrounds and identities can expect to be valued and treated with respect and dignity.
SHAC has created a comprehensive webpage to help the PSU community navigate COVID-19. The COVID-19 Resource page has a wide variety of mental health resources and information covering topics such as: managing stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, surviving/resisting hate and more.
Inform SHAC of COVID-19 positive test results or diagnosis to help PSU initiate centralized university level responses to protect our community. Please report if you've been to PSU within the past two weeks.
If you think you've been exposed to COVID-19, don't complete this form. Call SHAC at 503.725.2800.
SHAC staff are available and here to support you! Call SHAC first!
- Health Services: Telehealth services and phone evaluations are available. In-person office visits for non-routine care are by appointment only.
- We will continue to monitor all secure messages, phone calls, and refill requests.
- Navigating a telehealth visit with SHAC
- Counseling Services: Telemental health services are available.
- Dental Services: We are currently offering some routine and emergency dental care services. At this time, we are not scheduling dental hygiene appointments.
- Dental Services clinic hours have changed to Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 8am-5pm (closed 12-1pm for lunch). There will be some Saturdays where Dental Services is open - call 503.725.2611 for more details.
Flu Shots at SHAC - By Appointment
To schedule your flu shot appointment, call 503.725.2800.
Flu shot clinics will take place at SHAC every Tuesday - 9:30am - 12pm & 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Influenza Vaccine Information Statement
- Flu Vaccine Consent Form - fill out prior to appointment
- Cost: $22 (Students with the PSU Student Health Insurance Plan billed at no cost ($0) to you)
It’s tempting to read the news, but that can often lead to unnecessary anxiety. SHAC recommends you pick a reputable site and use that as your source of information. To learn more about the Coronavirus, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website or the Oregon Health Authority website.