Students with 30 or more transferable college quarter credits (20 semester credits) will be reviewed for admission as a transfer applicants.
Students earning college credit while in high school, such as Early College and Running Start, are considered freshmen for admission purposes. If you earned college credit while in high school, you must meet PSU’s GPA requirements for both freshman and transfer students.
- You must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.25, or 2.00 if you present a transferable associate degree or an Oregon Transfer Module (OTM).
- Complete WR121 or equivalent with a grade of C- or better. WR121 equivalencies are determined by PSU’s Office of Admissions and may include higher level courses for which WR121 (or its approved equivalent) is a prerequisite. This requirement is specific to the application process and is separate from academic advising and course registration at PSU.
- Meet Second Language Admissions Requirement. Oregon High School graduates only.
Transfer applicants are not required to submit test scores (SAT or ACT).
Students who do not meet the minimum GPA will be reviewed for admission through a holistic process.
Steps to Apply
Submit Your Application and Pay the $52 Application Fee
- Go to Portland State University's online application system and select Create Account. If you have already started an application, or created one for a past term, select Log In.
- A non-refundable $52 application fee is required. Pay this using a Visa or MasterCard. If you are eligible for fee deferral as an undergraduate, you will be able to choose this option for payment.
Submit Transcripts from All Schools Attended
You are required to submit individual transcripts from each college or university where you registered for any coursework. Failure to submit individual transcripts from each college or university attended may result in a delayed admission decision. Official transcripts are required from all the schools you've attended, see our official records policy for details.
Failure to disclose all colleges is a violation of Portland State University’s student code of conduct.
Electronic Submission: Transcripts may be submitted via a secure transcript delivery service (such as Parchment) or sent directly from a school official to email@example.com.
Mail Submission: Submit official transcripts in their original sealed envelopes from all schools attended and mail them to PSU at the address below.
Portland State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 751
Portland OR 97207-0751
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Submission of the FAFSA is not required to receive an admission decision. We encourage students to submit the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1.
Check Your Application Status
You will be notified via email for each document you submit and your admission decision. You can also check the status of your application online.
Go to Portland State University's online application system and log in. Under Processed Applications select an application under Admission Term to check its status. A summary will display with details about your application and what may be missing, and perhaps, delaying an admission decision.
If you are not receiving email communications from Portland State University, be sure to check your @pdx.edu email account. Once you set up your student account all communications will be sent to that email address. If you are not receiving information from us in any email inboxes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.