Master of Science in Finance
Apply for free to the Master of Science in Finance for 2021 admission. There are too many barriers preventing high-potential students from pursuing a graduate degree. We don’t believe the application fee should be one of them.
Application Deadlines for Fall 2021 Start
Admissions decisions are made within 6 to 8 weeks of a completed application. All required materials must be submitted to begin the application review.
Benefits of applying earlier in the application cycle:
- Eligibility for a larger amount of admissions scholarships
- More time to prepare for the start of term
- Invitations to exclusive events for students
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application Round||Application Deadline|
|Round 1||December 15, 2020|
Priority Scholarship Deadline
|February 1, 2021|
|Round 3||May 1, 2021|
|Rolling Admissions||August 15, 2021|
MSF Program Requirements
The Portland State MSF is open to professionals and recent graduates with business and non-business degrees.
- Intro to Financial Accounting: BA 211 or equivalent (4)
- Intro to Managerial Accounting: BA 213 or equivalent (4)
- Intro to Statistics: STAT 241 or STAT 243 or equivalent (4)
To determine if certain courses fulfill the prerequisite requirements, please submit all transcripts to the Graduate Business Programs office at email@example.com. Transcripts will be reviewed within two weeks of receipt.
MSF Application Requirements
- Meet PSU minimum admission requirement
- Professional resume
- Unofficial transcripts/mark sheets from each college or university attended. If admitted, official transcripts must be submitted. Visit the PSU Admissions website for detailed transcript requirements.
- Application essays (4): Essays are your opportunity to tell us who you are beyond your GPAs, test scores and resume. Use this opportunity to provide us with a better understanding of your personal journey, unique background and goals associated with the program.
- 250 words maximum per essay question.
- Answers to all four questions are required. Attach one document with responses to all four essay questions.
- See questions below.
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one should be a professional recommendation.
- $67 application fee - waived for 2021 admission year
- GMAT and GRE Optional: We recognize that standardized exams are not always a fair reflection of a candidates’ abilities as a result of the inequity of those exams. Therefore we have suspended the GMAT and GRE requirement for the 2020 - 2021 application season. This means the GMAT or GRE are no longer required for admission to the MSF program at PSU beginning 2021 - 2022. We recommend that applicants with undergraduate or graduate GPAs lower than 3.0 or prerequisite grades lower than a B consider taking the GMAT or GRE to improve the competitiveness of their application. We will also offer boot camps and communication courses for students admitted to the MSF program who need additional preparation.
- Tell us your story. What led you to submit this application to the MSF program Portland State?
- How have you developed problem-solving strategies in your professional or academic career? What is your process for solving a problem?
- If you were starting a company tomorrow, what would be its top three values?
- Describe your specific career aspirations and explain how the PSU MS in Finance degree will contribute to those aspirations.
Additional International Student Requirements
- English Language Proficiency
- International Documents & Certified Translation
- Financial Documentation
- Other Helpful Information for International Students
Learn More About the Master of Science in Finance
We offer an accelerated pathway program into our MS in Finance for Lewis & Clark undergraduate economics students. Students can secure a place in the program as early as their junior year and application fee is waived.
Candidates who meet criteria listed below will be automatically gifted a $2,000 scholarship upon admission to the program.
How to Apply
- Talk to your Lewis & Clark advisor to make sure you are on track
- During your junior or senior year, complete the Intent to Apply form to express interest
- You must maintain a 3.35 cumulative GPA throughout your undergraduate degree
- During your senior year, apply for the MS in Finance using the standard process
- Once the application is submitted, you'll receive a recommendation for admission from The School of Business within 24 business hours
- Upon completion of your bachelor’s degree, send in final transcripts to PSU
Questions? Contact Recruiting Specialist Angela Wright at 503-725-8008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.