As part of the application and admissions process, every applicant to the MBA, JD/MBA, Master of Taxation, MS in Finance, Master of Real Estate Development, MS in Global Supply Chain Management and MS in Applied Data Science for Business programs will be considered for merit-based, need-based, Warm Welcome Scholarships and Redefine & Transform Scholarships. Additionally, all master's applicants have the opportunity to add a Financial Need Scholarship essay found on the application.
Scholarships will be offered at the time of admission.
Warm Welcome Scholarships
- The School of Business Insider Track Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship for applicants who completed a business bachelor's degree from Portland State with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Graduate Student Referral Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship for applicants who were referred by a current business master's student or alumni of any PSU graduate business master's program. The referral must be submitted through the Graduate Student Referral Scholarship page.
- Corporate, Employer & Industry Partner Scholarships: We partner with a number of employers and industry partners to offer select scholarships. Please talk to the program recruiter if you would like to know if these might apply to you.
Redefine & Transform Scholarships
The graduate business programs Redefine & Transform Scholarships support leaders who drive positive change in business and our communities. These leaders embody The School of Business vision to redefine business and transform lives.
The Redefine & Transform scholarships are each $5,000 and awarded to applicants based on their admissions files. All applicants who apply before the May 1 deadline will be considered for these scholarships.
- Racial Equity Scholarship: The Racial Equity Scholarship honors an incoming graduate business student who has demonstrated vision and/or leadership in advancing the voices and needs of people of color.
- Out in Business Scholarship: The Out in Business Scholarship honors an incoming graduate business student who has demonstrated vision and/or leadership in advancing the voices and needs of LGBTQ+ communities.
- Women Inspiring Leadership Scholarship: The Women Inspiring Leadership Scholarship honors an incoming graduate business student who has demonstrated vision and/or leadership in advancing the voices and needs of women.
- Community Visionary Scholarship: The Community Visionary Scholarship honors an incoming student who has made significant positive impact on one of their communities.
- Global Perspectives Scholarship: The Global Perspectives Scholarship honors an incoming graduate business student who brings with them dedicated vision and/or leadership in promoting global perspectives in business.
- The Environmental Steward Scholarship: The Environmental Steward Scholarship honors an incoming graduate business student who has demonstrated vision and/or leadership in advancing institutional environmental practices.
Additional Optional Essay
All master’s degree applicants are automatically considered for the Redefine & Transform Scholarships through review of their submitted Graduate Program Application. If you have already submitted your application, or been admitted to a 2021 cohort, and would like to provide more information to the admissions committee, submit the following optional essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1.
Essay (250 words or less): Describe your demonstrated impact on one or many of the PSU values described in the Redefine & Transform Scholarships.