Undergraduate Business Program Advising
- Due to COVID-19, our physical office will be closed until further notice. All appointments will be done via phone or Google Hangouts. Express advising will also be conducted virtually.
Express Virtual Peer Advising
Drop in for quick questions about registration, one term course planning and more.
Monday - Thursday
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Use the Zoom link to log into express advising during these hours.
The School of Business provides professional advisors to help you with academic and career advising. Advisors are available to assist with university general education and degree requirements, exploring career paths, course planning, academic standing issues and petitions, and they can also refer you to helpful campus services.
Tuesday Evening Business Advising Appointments
If you are busy working during the day and would like to have an evening appointment, we now offer Tuesday evening appointments 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. via phone or Google Hangout.
Schedule a Regular Advising Appointment
Advisors are assigned based on the last two digits of your student PSU ID number. Please use the information below to find your advisor and schedule an appointment. If your advisor is booked, please send them an email and/or schedule an appointment with an available advisor.
If you are a prospective student, without a PSU ID number, you can schedule an appointment with any business advisor.
Once you are formally admitted and receive a PSU ID number, you can see your assigned advisor. The appointments last 30 minutes. Appointments may be scheduled for phone or Google Hangout. Some evening hours are also available.
Next Available Advising Appointment Portal
If you are open to seeing any advisor and/or your assigned advisor is scheduled out, please visit:
Last two digits of ID number 65-75
Edgar will be out on paternity leave 2/26 - 4/16. If you want to schedule an appointment during that time, please schedule with a different business advisor.We would be happy to help you.
*Spanish speaking students who prefer to converse in Spanish during their appointment are welcome to book with Edgar.
Schedule a meeting if you need an advising appointment and/or to share your feedback on academic and career advising at The School of Business
Ilka Bailey, Business Pathway Advising Director
Preparation for Scheduled Appointments
Incoming or current business students are provided with professional advisors to help you with academic and career advising. Admitted business students are assigned an advisor based on the last two digits of your PSU student ID. Once you identify your advisor, please click on their appointment link to set up an appointment. The appointments last 30 minutes.
- Make sure you have a list of your questions or concerns prior to your appointment.
- Remember to arrive early or on-time.
- The Undergraduate Programs Office is in KMC 220 (when in-person appointments resume)
- When you arrive, please tell the front desk that you have an appointment with [your advisor] at [whatever time your appointment is].
Before your appointment, your academic advisor will print out your degree audit and make notes on remaining credits, as well as any questions or concerns you share when scheduling your appointment. You will receive a copy of your degree audit report to take with you. It is recommended that you bring a notebook and pen.
Academic questions advisors can answer...
- What elective would be best for my career path?
- Can you help me make a course plan?
- What holds do I have?
- How do I pursue The School of Business Honors Track? Online Program?
- How can I best prepare myself for graduate school?
- What resources are available to support me academically and personally?
- What scholarships are available? How do I apply for them?
- How do internships for credit work?
- How do I get involved in a student organization?
If you want your resume reviewed, please email it to your academic advisor a week before your appointment, so they can look over it before your appointment.
Career questions advisors can answer...
- What career options are available to me?
- How can I determine my skills/interests/personality?
- How do I determine a career that would be suitable?
- What resources are available to help me find and acquire an internship? A job?
- How do I develop an effective resume? Cover Letter?
- How do I best demonstrate my knowledge and skills in an interview?