Undergraduate Program Public Health Studies: Pre-Clinical Health Sciences
Public Health Studies: Pre-Clinical Health Sciences Bachelor's Degree Overview
The OHSU-PSU collaborative School of Public Health is an innovative structure, in which we bring the best of two universities to you. Our design is a product of our innovative spirit and values: we bring that approach to you, working to chart your path into clinical, educational, policy, and direct-service health careers.
With five specialized Health Studies concentrations and two minors, we provide you with specialty training and a core foundation in public health that positions you to excel in the career path you seek.
Our Pre-Clinical Health Sciences concentration prepares you for continued clinical study in one of the many licensed health professions. You will gain a foundation in public health while also completing prerequisites for your chosen clinical path, including medicine, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, pharmacy, dentistry, dental hygienics, ophthalmology, and others.
- Tailored, individualized advising and mentorship
- Expert faculty with extensive research and real-world experience
- Innovative curricula – we bring the community to you through guest speakers, applied learning activities, and a focus on current issues – all focusing on developing solutions to real-world problems
- Experiential learning -we bring you to the community through a mentored internship
- Faculty and career development opportunities from both universities
The OHSU-PSU School of Public Health: A great place to make a world of difference.
- On campus:
- 100% on campus
- 100% online
- Combination of online and on campus
BABachelor of ArtsLocationsOn campusFlexibleTotal Credits180Start TermAny
BSBachelor of ScienceLocationsOn campusFlexibleTotal Credits180Start TermAny
Public Health Studies: Pre-Clinical Health Sciences Bachelor's Degree: Why OHSU-PSU?
Our two universities, our city, and our state are recognized as national leaders in health exploration, innovation, and community-based partnership.
Our graduates emerge with degrees endorsed by both OHSU and PSU in a field in which demand is growing rapidly.
Your course of study is CEPH (Council on Education for Public Health) accredited and will provide you with the skills necessary to enter into the field of public health/community health, and the sub-discipline you choose.
We also provide a strong foundation and support for those wishing to pursue graduate study.
What can I do with a bachelor's degree in Pre-Clinical Health Sciences?
This degree prepares students who plan to continue to clinical health graduate programs including medicine, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, pharmacy, dentistry, and more.
Recent graduates have been accepted to OHSU, Harvard, Linfield, Pacific University, SUNNY Binghamton, Mt. Sinai, Concordia, and other schools around the country.
With a bachelor’s degree in Health Studies: Health Science, alumni have found work at various clinical health organizations locally and nationwide.
- PHE 250 Our Community, Our Health
- PHE 350 Health Systems
- PHE 363 Communicable and Chronic Disease
- PHE 450 Epidemiology
- PHE 452 Gender, Race, Class and Health
- PHE 275 Stress Management
- PHE 325U Nutrition for Health
- PHE 326U Drug Education
- PHE 335U Human Sexuality
- PHE 351U Film and Health
- PHE 355U Consumer Health Issues
- PHE 365 Health Promotion Programs for Children and Youth
- PHE 445 Men's Health
- PHE 446U Community Health Principles and Practices
- PHE 448 Health Education Techniques and Strategies
- PHE 451 Women and Holistic Health
- PHE 453 Women's Reproductive Health
- PHE 456 Health Aspects of Aging
- PHE 466 Mind/Body Health: Disease Prevention
- PHE 467 Mind/Body Health: Human Potential
- PHE 480 Controversial Issues in Community Health
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Our school is accredited by the Council for Education In Public Health (CEPH). CEPH is the nationally recognized accrediting body for schools of public health. Its work ensures that schools and programs are meeting the highest standards for education in public health disciplines.
Our MPH in Health Management and Policy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). Ours is the only Health Management and Policy program in the state that is CAHME-accredited.
Our Human Lactation program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).