International and Global Studies Minor
International & Global Studies Minor Overview
A minor in International & Global Studies adds a global perspective to any degree. Under the guidance of expert faculty and advisors, you will get an introduction to world cultures, politics, and economics, within the context of globalization. Whether you go on to graduate school, or a career in the U.S. or abroad, you will be well-equipped to address global issues of social justice, human rights, development, health and the environment.
- Faculty who have extensive experience with both teaching and research
- Courses in various formats (in person, hybrid and online) that are designed to fit into any schedule
- Interdisciplinary curriculum that can be tailored to your goals and interests
- Professional and faculty advisors who are there to support your learning and guide you to new opportunities
- On campus:
- 100% on campus
- 100% online
- Combination of online and on campus
mMinorLocationsOn campusFlexibleTotal Credits28Start TermAny
International & Global Studies Minor: Why PSU?
You will graduate from one of the nation's "top 10 most innovative" universities with a degree that is interdisciplinary and tailored to your interests and career goals.
You can further enhance your learning by going on one of the 200 credit-bearing international opportunities offered by PSU Education Abroad.
Our diverse campus is located in the center of downtown Portland, one of the most vibrant cities on the West Coast.
What can I do with a Minor in International & Global Studies?
The International & Global Studies minor affords an excellent foundation for careers requiring an understanding of international economic, political, social and cultural affairs, as well as a solid foundation for graduate work in professional fields such as journalism, international relations, public health, or community development.
Our graduates have gone on to find positions in international business, as well as nonprofits and government organizations where they work on a wide variety of topics such as food systems, education, agriculture and the environment, youth empowerment, and health.
- INTL 201 Introduction to International Studies
- INTL 390 Foundations of Global Studies
- INTL 396 The United States and the World
- INTL 317 Topics in Asian Thought
- INTL 331 Women in the Middle East
- INTL 332 Islamic Movements
- INTL 341U Environment and Development in Latin America
- INTL 343U Commodity Chains: From Silver to Cocaine
- INTL 349 Gender and Development
- INTL 350 The City in Europe
- INTL 365 Digital Globalization
- INTL 364 Modern Brazil
- INTL 370 International Leadership and Change
- INTL 391 Media and International Relations
- INTL 490 Global Sustainable Development
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).