Undergraduate Program Design Management Minor for Advertising Majors
Design Management Minor for Advertising Majors Overview
Bridging the worlds of business and design, our minor in design management is a great option for advertising management, marketing, or other non-design* majors who want to work in the creative communications industry. Our program gives you the skills you need to collaborate with graphic designers and art directors on creative teams. Through hands-on experience, you will cultivate an understanding of design principles, processes, tools, and vocabulary that have practical application in the real world.
Not available to graphic design majors, consider an Advertising Minor for Graphic Design Majors instead.
- On campus:
- 100% on campus
- 100% online
- Combination of online and on campus
mMinorLocationsOn campusTotal Credits24Start TermAny
Design Management Minor for Advertising Majors: Why PSU?
Our graphic design program draws strength from its location within the wider School of Art + Design and within Portland’s vibrant creative community.
The faculty in our graphic design program are active makers as well as educators. Through their outreach and connections, PSU’s graphic design students become part of the larger design community.
We are proud to be rated among the top public graphic design programs in the country.
What can I do with a minor in Design Management?
Design managers work in a variety of fields including advertising, marketing, and graphic design. Working collaboratively to support design within a business setting while representing the business and its objectives, they ensure quality design outcomes through planning, organizing, and directing people and processes.
- Product Design Manager
- Brand Design Manager
- Graphic Design Manager
- Interactive Design Manager
- Project Manager
- Art Director
- DES100 Intro to Communication Design for Non-Art Majors
- DES 120 Computer Graphics for Art and Design
- DES 200 Digital Page Design
- DES 224 Narrative & Communication Design
- DES 290 History of Modern Design
- DES 367 Design Business Practices
- ARH 431U Women in the Visual Arts
- ARH 432U Issues in Gender and Art
- ARH 357U Byzantine Art and Architecture
- ARH 474 Art and the Early Modern City
- ARH 392 History and Contemporary Issues in Photography
- ARH 311U Survey of South and Southeast Asian Art
- ARH 351U Ancient Near Eastern and Egyptian Art
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).