Graduate Online Program
Global Supply Chain Management
Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management Overview
Elevate your career with our online, ISM-approved supply chain master’s degree.
Ranked among the nation's best online graduate business programs, Portland State University’s rigorous online master’s degree in global supply chain management equips you for leadership roles with organizations of every size, from the world's biggest corporations to medium-sized and small firms.
PSU offers one of only three global supply chain management master's programs that’s approved by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM). We’re also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS). Boeing, Nike, Daimler Trucks North America, and other global companies have sanctioned our supply chain master’s program for enrollment by their own employees.
Designed for working professionals, our master's degree in global supply chain management enables you to maximize your career potential. You'll develop marketable skills that employers prioritize, including the ability to lead supply chain management frameworks, use advanced analytical tools and new technologies, and optimize commercial networks into highly-efficient global supply chains.
- On campus:
- 100% on campus
- 100% online
- Combination of online and on campus
MMastersLocationsOnlineTime to completion18 MonthsTotal Credits45Start TermFall & Spring
Global Supply Chain Management Master’s Degree: Why PSU?
- Systems orientation. You'll learn to integrate end-to-end supply chain functions and align them with your company's product and service strategies.
- Analytics focus. Combine data analytics, artificial intelligence, and practical know-how to respond to customer demand data and gain competitive advantage.
- Industry relevance. Because we're located in global manufacturing, distribution and retail hub, PSU’s supply chain management faculty leverage their extensive industry ties throughout the United States and the world. Our leading-edge curriculum is influenced by industry leaders.
- Centered on sustainability. PSU was one of the first universities to incorporate the circular economy into academic research and teaching. This restorative model eliminates economic waste while minimizing environmental impact. Our faculty pushes the envelope for sustainability in supply chain management.
- Global outlook. The online master’s program fosters a deep understanding of international supply chain best practices. With a short-term field study in Asia, you will get immersed in international operations and collaborate face-to-face with global partners in supply chain leadership.
- Practical learning model. Our global supply chain master's degree provides in-depth instruction in emerging technologies. You'll also investigate real-world case studies like the sourcing impact of online shopping and sustainable product life-cycles that address global concerns.
- Interactive online platform. You'll get to know your classmates and faculty well in our online global supply chain master’s program. PSU’s user-friendly online platform promotes collaboration and interaction, so you'll belong to a learning community while maintaining the flexibility to take courses on your own schedule.
Global Supply Chain Management Master’s Degree Highlights
- Online, ISM-approved, CIPS- and AACSB-accredited master’s degree in supply chain management
- Ranked among nation’s best online business programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Approved by Nike, Boeing, and other global corporations
- Flexible online courses to accommodate working professionals with full-time jobs
What Can I Do With a Global Supply Chain Management Master’s Degree?
The supply chain management master’s degree qualifies you for management and leadership roles. Graduates of the program commonly go on to work in industries such as retail, technology, apparel, aerospace, transportation, logistics and freight, and hold titles like:
- Global logistics manager
- Manufacturing and operations director
- Supply chain director
- Supply chain manager
- Transportation director
- Logistics director
- Industry analyst
- Supply chain project manager
- Independent consultant
- GSCM 511 Principles of Strategic Global Sourcing
- GSCM 520 Global Supply Chain Strategy
- GSCM 571 Business Analytics I
- GSCM 572 Business Analytics II
- GSCM 522 Global Leadership & Ethics in Supply Chain Management
- GSCM 507 Digital Technology Seminar
The MSGSCM is a 45-credit online program that can be completed in just 18 months from anywhere in the world. You'll gain highly valued skills and full-spectrum expertise through a robust curriculum focused on five essential areas of global supply chain management:
- Global Sourcing
- Global Trade & Logistics
- Supply Chain Analysis, Strategy, Simulation & Modeling
- Closed Loop Supply Chain/Sustainability/Circular Economy
- Advanced Leadership
Accreditation & Rankings
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
One of fewer than 200 business schools worldwide — top 1% — to be accredited in both business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB is the elite business school accreditation known internationally.
One of 3 universities in the nation certified by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
One of 2 universities in the nation to be accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
Top Online Business Program, US News & World Report