PSU is embarking on a finals week unlike any in recent memory. In these unprecedented times, Portland State remains committed to the academic success of our students. Despite the remote nature of our interactions going forward, we strive to remain a cohesive and supportive campus community.
Campus updates for March 16 are as follows:
While PSU remains open, more services are transitioning to remote work. As a result, starting Tuesday, March 17, all buildings on campus, except Fariborz Maseeh Hall, will only be accessible with a PSU ID card. ID Services (in FMH) will be open.
- All campus events will be canceled until at least April 8.
- Many campus units have made decisions to close. The Center for Student Health and Counseling and student housing remains open. The Millar Library is committed to staying open through finals. Mail service will be reduced.
- A comprehensive list of affected university services will be posted to the PSU Coronavirus Response website. Please check there first if you have questions about services.
For students, we know this is a time of some anxiety and as we look ahead to spring term there are many unanswered questions, but here are things we do know:
Spring break begins next week.
- When spring term begins, and until further notice, all learning will be remote. Details of what remote learning will look like for individual classes will be shared in the days and weeks to come. Please know that there will be no additional fees for online courses.
- Technology support remains available including on-campus computer labs in the basement of FMH basement and the first floor of the Millar Library.
PSU is compiling an online guide for students for the spring term that will be available on the pdx.edu homepage during spring break.
We will continue to bring you daily updates throughout the week in addition to keeping the pdx.edu/coronavirus-response website up to date and monitoring the email@example.com email address.