Graduate Certificate Program Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing
Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing Overview
PSU FARIBORZ MASEEH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
The Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing Graduate Certificate (SMMGC) provides advanced training in semiconductor materials and manufacturing technologies. Developed with industry needs in mind, the program focuses on how semiconductor materials are made, how their properties are characterized, how the materials’ failures are identified and analyzed, and how the correlations between the processing conditions and the material properties are established. This program is designed for working professionals and traditional graduate students alike. MSME, MSMSE, or PhD students can earn this certificate simultaneously and the credits can be applied towards both the degree and certificate.
ABOUT THE FARIBORZ MASEEH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
The Fariborz Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science includes five departments, 84 full-time faculty and more than 3,000 students. We offer academic programs that provide transformative opportunities within the classroom and beyond. If you join our college, you'll be connected to Portland's leading tech companies providing opportunities for internships, mentoring, networking, and long term careers. Our faculty offer research opportunities that allow for collaborative or individual study, culturing creativity and innovation. If you want to push what’s possible, in Portland and far beyond, accelerate your career with a graduate degree from the Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science
Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing Certificate: Why PSU?
The computers and electronics industry, semiconductors in particular, is the core of Portland’s regional economy. This technological ecosystem includes global corporations as well as small and medium companies, which form a robust and growing worldwide supply chain. Oregon is now Intel's largest operating hub and is also home to many semiconductor companies’ manufacturing sites.
What can I do with a graduate certificate in Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing?
Rapid technology developments in the semiconductor field demand workers with up-to-date knowledge and skills. The SMMGC is well positioned to provide advanced training for the workforce to meet the challenges and to create opportunities.
Whether you are currently in the semiconductor field looking to refine your expertise, or new to the industry, the SMMGC prepares you for a variety of positions within semiconductor-focused companies, such as:
- Intel Corporation, Hillsboro
- Applied Materials, Hillsboro
- ASML, Hillsboro
- Qorvo, Hillsboro
- Jireh Semiconductor, Hillsboro
- Sumitomo Electric, Hillsboro
- nLight, Hillsboro
- Tokyo Ohka Kogyo America Inc. Hillsboro
- KLA Tencor Corporation, Hillsboro
- Lattice Semiconductor, Hillsboro
- Solar World, Hillsboro
- Analog Device, Beaverton
- Maxim Integrated, Beaverton
- Electro Scientific Industries (ESI), Portland
- Siltronic Corporation, Portland
- Microchip Technology Inc., Gresham
- On Semiconductor, Gresham
- Lam Research, Tualatin
- Wafertech, Camas
Complete ME 577 Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing and three additional courses from the list below:
- ME 513 Engineering Material Science
- ME 527 Phase Transformations and Kinetics in Materials
- ME 528 Scanning Electron Microscopy for Materials and Device Characterization
- ME 529 Transmission Electron Microscopy and Chemical Analysis of Materials
- ME 547 Transfer and Rate Processes
- ME 576 Materials Failure Analysis
- ME 578 Introduction to Electronic Packaging
- MSE 547 Diffusion
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).