Advertising Management Minor for Communication Majors
“The new Advertising minor is a great opportunity for Communication majors to see the business side of communications. Having access to business courses and professors is intellectually enlightening and working with business and graphic design students is an awesome experience. This minor was a perfect fit for me.”
-Jae Specht, PSU Communication student
The Advertising Management Minor for Communication Majors provides critical marketing and advertising business skills to students who plan careers in the communications field. The six courses in the minor provide exposure to and understanding of advertising and marketing principles, including marketing's role in business, identifying target markets, creative and media strategy development, and promotional campaign planning.
Courses in the minor include (24 credits):
- BA 311 - Marketing Management (4)
- MKTG 340 - Advertising (4)
- MKTG 441 - Media Strategy (4)
- MKTG 442 - Creative Strategy
- MKTG 443 - Advertising Campaigns (4) or National Student Advertising Competition (8)
- One elective from the following; MKTG 341, MKTG 448, COMM 489, or COMM 341 – Intro to PR (4)*
- * Can be waived for students who complete the National Student Advertising Competition (8)
NOTE: Communication students seeking the Advertising Management Minor are exempt from admission to the School of Business. In order to register for these courses, contact your advisor via email with your ID number and the class you'd like to take.