At a Glance: Training and Development
Certificates of completion for workforce learning and performance professionals
Are you interested in a rewarding career as an adult learning professional for large or small organizations?
Choice of four specialized certificates:
2. Management of Training
3. E-Learning for Trainers
4. Intercultural Training
Each certificate consists of five courses: three core and two specialized. Complete the three core courses, and each additional certificate is only two specialized courses!
As a member of this program, you will:
- Learn best practices and techniques for training adults
- Understand adult learning theory and instructional design for adult audiences
- Network with faculty instructors who are experts in the field
- Become an effective leader and agent of change in any organization
- Experience building online training using industry standard software
- Expand your network of other training and development professionals
Upon completion, receive one or more certificates of completion and university credit.
MA/MS in Education, Training and Development theme
All training and development courses taken for graduate credit can also apply as a thematic specialization in the Postsecondary Adult and Continuing Education (PACE) master’s degree program. Admission is required for the master’s program, but program courses taken for graduate credit and successfully completed before admission can be transferred, up to 15 credits.
Who is this for?
- Trainers, training managers, training consultants
- Human resource and staff development personnel
- Educators and professionals interested in workplace learning and performance
- Professionals interested in developing strong training programs or improving teaching skills with effective training methods
- E-learning professionals dedicated to integrating effective adult learning into building online training
- Flexible scheduling with weeknight and weekend class meetings
- Many courses are blended (partially online) to reduce class time
- 15-17 credits for one certificate; each additional certificate is only 5-7 credits!
- Undergraduate or graduate credit
Getting started in Training and Development classes at PSU is easy! There is no admission process for the certificate program. ELP 429/529 Principals of Training and Development is the prerequisite course for all four certificates. You may take up to eight credits per term at PSU as a non-admitted student.
- Visit the Continuing Education website to register or to view available courses
- For online classes you will need a PSU online course account
- Register for the Training and Development mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events, job posts and courses