- Senior Scholar in Social Determinants of Health
- Fellowship: Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Washington
- Residency/Chief Residency: Internal Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University
- MD, Medicine, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
- MPH, Epidemiology, University of Washington
- BA, Cognitive Science, Brown University
- I use community-engaged research approaches to improve the health and healthcare of marginalized populations
- Populations and communities of interest: African-Americans, Latinos, adults on the autism spectrum, people with developmental disabilities, trauma survivors, and people who experience chronic pain or substance abuse.
- Research topics/areas: healthcare inequities, social determinants of health, autism, family violence, depression, patient-centered care, chronic pain, substance abuse, and primary care / health system transformation
- Methodologic expertise: mixed-methods research, community based participatory research, instrument development, intervention evaluation
I love traveling and exploring other parts of the world whenever possible. Here in the Pacific NW, I try to spend most of my free time sharing experiences with my husband, children, and close friends - which translates into hanging out at home, watching movies, skiing, playing games, and attending alternative theater or dance performances.