Student Affairs in Higher Education Graduate Certificate
The certificate program is designed primarily for
- Student affairs personnel already in the field, who may or may not have an advanced degree, but do not have professional educational preparation in student affairs and
- Those with an advanced degree who may not yet be employed in the field, but aspire to be.
Certificate learning objectives
Shaped by faculty and practicing student affairs professionals, the certificate program aims to prepare professionals who:
- Are knowledgeable about student learning and development,
- Are committed to meeting the needs of diverse learners,
- Collaborate with faculty and other campus colleagues to shape support services and campus environments that enhance student learning and development.
- Support professional decisions by applying research findings and theoretical frameworks to local contexts,
- Continually strive to improve practice through assessment of student outcomes
Certificate curriculum (18 credits total)
For the convenience of our diverse student body, we strive to offer courses in a variety of formats: face-to-face (F2F), hybrid (meet 4 times F2F with online work between meetings), and online. Please see the table below for available course formats.
Please note: Not all classes are available via distance. To complete the certificate, students will need to be able to come to campus.
Refer to the PACE Planning and Course Guide for current offerings and delivery formats (online, hybrid, F2F).
|ELP 525 Student Services in Higher Education||4|
|ELP 526 Facilitating Student Success||4|
|ELP 527 Legal Issues in Higher Education||4|
|Elective courses (Choose one)
Any ELP course 511-599 can count as an elective. Refer to the PACE Planning and Course Guide for current offerings and delivery formats (online, hybrid, F2F).
|ELP 506 Culminating Project (Self-Directed Learning Experience)||2|
For information about the PACE Master's degree, please visit pdx.edu/elp/pace-mams-program-study.
Length of program
Intended time to complete: 3 terms
Student Affairs in Higher Educationn graduate certificate coordinator
1-800-547-8887 ext. 58270