Graduate Certificate Program Training and Development
Training and Development Graduate Certificate Overview
The Training and Development Graduate Certificate provides experiential preparation for professionals who develop, teach and train, manage, and/or consult in the area of workforce (employee and volunteer) development. Program participants will apply current theory as they plan, create, deliver, and evaluate quality training programs for their organizations.
- On campus:
- 100% on campus
- 100% online
- Combination of online and on campus
GCGraduate CertificateLocationsFlexibleTotal Credits18Start TermAny
Training and Development Graduate Certificate: Why PSU?
Most of the courses are in the program are taught by full-time faculty with years of practical experience in the field as well as doctoral-level preparation. Our students appreciate the opportunity to apply what they are learning immediately into their current jobs or their imagined positions in the future with our theory to practice focus.
What can I do with a graduate certificate in Training and Development?
- Trainers, training managers, training consultants
- Workplace Learning and Performance (WLP) professionals
- Human resource and staff development personnel
- Careers in training, coaching, and workforce professional development
- ELP 529 Principles of Training and Development
- ELP 530 Course Design and Evaluation OR
- ELP 584 Strategies for eLearning
- ELP 532 Training Methods
- ELP 539 Developing Training Materials
- ELP 506 Culminating Project OR ELP 509: Practicum/Internship
- Any ELP 511-599 course
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).