Master of Taxation
Apply for free to the Master of Taxation for 2021 admission. There are too many barriers preventing high-potential students from pursuing a graduate degree. We don’t believe the application fee should be one of them.
Application Deadlines for Summer 2021 Start
Admissions decisions are made within 6 to 8 weeks of a completed application. All required materials must be submitted to begin the application review.
Benefits of applying earlier in the application cycle:
- Eligibility for a larger amount of admissions scholarships
- More time to prepare for the start of term
- Invitations to exclusive events for students
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application Round||Application Deadline|
|Round 1||December 15, 2020|
Priority Scholarship Deadline
|February 1, 2021|
|Round 3||March 1, 2021|
|Round 4||June 1, 2021|
MT Admissions Standards
Admissions standards for the Master of Taxation are tailored to your educational and professional background:
Accountants and Tax Practitioners Seeking Advanced Tax Expertise
|Bachelor's degree in accounting and employment in a tax-related field, a Certified Public Accountant license, or an Enrolled Agent license.|
|Individuals Seeking Career Change Into Taxation||
Bachelor's degree outside of accounting with a 3.0 GPA in the following upper-division accounting prerequisite courses*:
- Accounting Information Systems - Accounting 335
|Current Undergraduate Accounting Majors||Bachelor's degree in accounting prior to starting the program with a 3.0 GPA in upper-division accounting courses.|
*To confirm if specific courses you completed can be counted as prerequisites please submit all transcripts to the Graduate Business Programs office (email@example.com). The Graduate Business Programs Office will review your transcripts and notify you within two weeks.
MT Application Requirements
GMAT/GRE not required for this program
- Meet PSU minimum admission requirement
- Professional resume
- Unofficial transcripts/mark sheets from each college or university attended. If admitted, official transcripts must be submitted. Visit the PSU Admissions website for detailed transcript requirements
- Essay question (1): The essay is your opportunity to tell us who you are beyond your GPAs, test scores and resume. Use this opportunity to provide us with a better understanding of your personal journey, unique background and goals associated with the program. See parameters below.
- Contact information for two professional references
- $67 application fee - waived for 2021 admission year
In 500 words or less, please tell us what has led you to pursue this degree. In this essay, please address the following:
- Tell us your story. What led you to submit this application to the MT program at Portland State?
- What are your short-term and long-term career objectives and how will Portland State's MT program contribute to those goals?
- Please describe why you believe you are ready to pursue the MT right now and what steps you have taken financially, personally and academically to ensure your success in the program.
Additional International Student Requirements
Note: the PSU MT program does not qualify for the F-1 visa.
- English Language Proficiency
- International Documents & Certified Translation
- Financial Documentation
- Other Helpful Information for International Students