Collegechoice.net ranks Portland State University as one of the top 50 universities in the nation for Summer School.
Take advantage of all that Portland and Portland State have to offer this summer. With more than 1,500 courses, there's something for everyone. Summer Session is designed to help you get on the fast track to graduation by reducing the time and cost of earning your degree.
- Complete a full year of coursework in only nine weeks: Art history, biology, chemistry, physics, Arabic, American Sign Language, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Russian, and Spanish.
- Take popular classes that are usually difficult to get into
- Ease your course load during the academic year
- Explore new fields of study
I'm taking summer classes so I can graduate early.
– Marilynn S.,
Flexible schedules and formats: Classes offered days, evenings, weekends, off-campus and online in one-to twelve-week sessions. Study abroad and international Capstones available.
Applying to PSU is quick for non-degree students. Credits easily transfer back to other schools.
Registration opens May 5, 2014
Classes begin June 23, 2014
- Sketch and improv-based comedy class open to all interested in theatre, play and creativity
- Complete a full year of Art History from ancient to modern
- Learn to play guitar or piano in four weeks and earn elective credits
- Sing in the summer chorus
- Complete a full year of 100-level required classes in Architecture
- Begin a three-year Master of Architecture degree, open to candidates with a bachelor's degree in any discipline (applications being accepted now through May 23)
- Participate in a design-build course through the Center for Public Interest Design (open to upper-division Architecture students)
- Complete a full year of coursework in nine weeks: Biology, chemistry, physics, Arabic, American Sign Language, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Russian, and Spanish.
- Travel the world without leaving the classroom with offerings in International Law and Global Health
- Check out summer courses in Film & Politics and Crime Myths
- GSE has over 50 programs for teachers, counselors and adult educators. Credit and noncredit courses are offered year 'round and many include online or partially online options.
- Many senior and grad level engineering elective courses
- Study abroad: Sustainable Transportation in the Netherlands
- High demand Statics and Strength of Materials classes offered
- Have a summer internship? Earn credit towards your degree in the Internship Course (MGMT 409)
- Learn how creativity and business intersect in Developing Creativity & Innovation in Business (MGMT 410)
- Create a business plan in Introduction to Business and World Affairs (BA 101)
- Set a budget and plan to meet your financial goals in Personal Finance (FIN 218)
- Prepare for the PROtrack cohort program
- Prepare to enter our online business programs
- Explore the field in Intro to Social Work
- Complete coursework in the Families & Society cluster, with popular in-person and online Child & Family Studies (CFS) offerings
Our "Urban Discourses" sequence this summer is for lower division high achieving students. It will focus on research skills and use the city as a lens for discovery.
- Freshman Inquiry - Condensed Work of Art
- Sophomore Inquiry - four week courses in Gender & Sexuality, Interpreting the Past and Pop Culture
- New Junior Cluster - UNST 399U Experiential Pathways: Engaging in Social Change
- Senior Capstones - Learning Gardens, Promoting Sustainability and Tutoring Native American Youth