Take advantage of all that Portland and Portland State have to offer this summer. With more than 1,500 courses, there's something for everyone. Summer Session is designed to help you get on the fast track to graduation by reducing the time and cost of earning your degree.
- Complete a full year of coursework in only nine weeks: Art history, biology, chemistry, physics, Arabic, American Sign Language, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Russian, and Spanish.
- Take popular classes that are usually difficult to get into
- Ease your course load during the academic year
- Explore new fields of study
“I'm taking summer classes so I can graduate early.”
– Marilynn S.,junior, biology
Flexible schedules and formats: Classes offered days, evenings, weekends, off-campus and online in one-to twelve-week sessions. Study abroad and international Capstones available.
Applying to PSU is quick for non-degree students. Credits easily transfer back to other schools.
Classes begin June 23, 2014
- Sketch and improv-based comedy class open to all interested in theatre, play and creativity
- Complete a full year of Art History from ancient to modern
- Learn to play guitar or piano in four weeks and earn elective credits
- Sing in the summer chorus
- Complete a full year of coursework in nine weeks: Biology, chemistry, physics, Arabic, American Sign Language, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Russian, and Spanish.
- Explore the field in Intro to Social Work
- Many senior and grad level engineering elective courses
- Study abroad: Sustainable Transportation in the Netherlands
- High demand Statics and Strength of Materials classes offered
- "Urban Discourses" sequence this summer for lower division high achieving students. It will focus on research skills and use the city as a lens for discovery.