Teaching Adult Learners Graduate Certificate
The Teaching Adult Learners Graduate Certificate is a specialty for those interested in the facilitation of adult learning in college and workplace settings. The certificate program is designed primarily for:
- Teachers and instructors who have advanced degrees, but do not have professional educational preparation in adult learning
- Instructors in vocational technical fields
- Workplace educators/trainers, whose responsibilities include teaching adult learners
Certificate learning objectives
- The certificate program aims to prepare professional educators of adults who:
- Are knowledgeable about adult learning and development
- Are committed to meeting the needs of diverse learners
- Base their teaching strategies on current research findings and theoretical frameworks about adult learning and development
- Continually strive to improve teaching practice through assessment of student learning
Certificate curriculum (18 credits total)
For the convenience of our diverse student body, students can choose to take these certificates in two ways:
- Distance option - completely online courses or hybrid courses (meet 4 times F2F with online work between meetings).
- On-Campus option - weekly face to face courses or hybrid courses (meet 4 times F2F with online work between meetings).
|ELP 520 Developmental Perspectives of Adult Learners||4||F2F||Online||Hybrid/
|ELP 521 Adult Learning and Motivation||4||F2F||Hybrid/
|ELP 522 Teaching Diverse Adult Learners||4||F2F||Online|
|Elective courses (Choose one)
Any ELP course 511-599 can count as an elective. Refer to the PACE Planning and Course Guide for current offerings and delivery formats (online, hybrid, F2F).
|ELP 506 Culminating Project (Self-Directed Learning Experience)||2||Online||Online||Online||Online|
For a complete application packet, click here.
For information about the PACE Master's degree, please visit www.pdx.edu/elp/pace-mams-program-study.
Length of program
Intended time to complete: 3 terms
Jobs related to this program
Education administrators, all other: 11-9039
Teaching Adult Learners Graduate Certificate Coordinator
1-800-547-8887 ext. 54606
Click here for information on available scholarships, financial aid, and estimated program costs.