MS in Applied Data Science for Business
Apply for free to the MS in Applied Data Science for Business for 2021 admission. There are too many barriers preventing high-potential students from pursuing a graduate degree. We don’t believe the application fee should be one of them.
Application Deadlines for Fall 2021 Start
Admissions decisions are made within 6 to 8 weeks of a completed application. All required materials must be submitted to begin the application review.
Benefits of applying earlier in the application cycle:
- Eligibility for a larger amount of admissions scholarships
- More time to prepare for the start of term
- Invitations to exclusive events for students
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application Round||Application Deadline|
|Round 1||December 15, 2020|
Priority Scholarship Deadline
|February 1, 2021|
|Round 3||May 1, 2021|
|Rolling Admissions||August 15, 2021|
MSADSB Program Requirements
The Portland State MSADSB is open to professionals and recent graduates with business and non-business degrees.
Applicants will need to show a B or better in the following course or be prepared to do some additional preparation before the start of the program: Intro to Statistics: STAT 241 or STAT 243 or equivalent.
MSADSB Application Requirements
- Meet PSU minimum admission requirement
- Professional resume
- Unofficial transcripts/mark sheets from each college or university attended. If admitted, official transcripts must be submitted. Visit the PSU Admissions website for detailed transcript requirements.
- Essay questions (3): Essays are your opportunity to tell us who you are beyond your GPAs and resume. Use this opportunity to provide us with a better understanding of your personal journey, unique background and goals associated with the program.
- 250 words maximum per essay question.
- Answers to all three questions are required. Attach one document with responses to all three essay questions.
- See questions below.
- 3.0 or better in undergraduate statistics courses
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one must be a professional recommendation.
- $67 application fee - waived for 2021 admission year
- Tell us your story. What led you to submit this application to the MSADSB program at Portland State?
- Please tell us what has led you to pursue this degree. Identify your short-term and long-term career objectives, your past experience in data analysis and/or information technology, and how Portland State's MSADSB will contribute to those goals.
- The MSADSB program is about using digital technology and data to get significant business/societal results. Give us a specific example of a significant business and/or societal problem where data/technology play an important role and that you would be passionate about solving. Tell us about your motivations and reasons why this is an important problem to solve.
Additional International Student Requirements
- English Language Proficiency
- International Documents & Certified Translation
- Financial Documentation
- Other Helpful Information for International Students