MBA/Master of Science in Finance Dual Degree
Grow as an adaptable leader with a cross-functional mindset.
This dual degree program allows you to learn on your schedule with full- or part-time options, and you save nearly $10K in program costs.
You'll combine the pioneering spirit of our renowned MBA program with the strategic foresight of our Master of Science in Finance program for a dual degree that gives you the skills to solve the most pressing problems in business. Located in the heart of one of America’s most innovative cities, The Portland MBA puts community, inclusion and sustainability first. Our Master of Science in Finance (MSF) degree is a STEM-designated program offering advanced training in the quantitative methods needed to be a knowledgeable decision-maker in corporate finance, traditional investing and impact investing. With this dual degree program, you’ll get the best of both worlds in just two years.
All of our graduate programs have deep industry roots, giving you access to leaders in the regional business arena. The Portland MBA is ranked the No. 5 Green MBA by Princeton Review, and both degrees integrate sustainability concepts fundamental to business today. With a diverse cohort, you’ll get hands-on experience, dive into real-world trends and issues, and stand out from the pack with values-based business acumen and an eye for what’s next.
MBA/MSF Dual Degree: Why PSU?
- Connect to Oregon’s financial hub. Our degrees get you out of the classroom and into the community for internships, case studies, independent research and consulting projects with area businesses. Our curriculum is designed with tomorrow’s market in mind and is vetted by our robust business network.
- Practical skillsets. Both degree programs use case-based and experiential learning to develop skills and knowledge that add value in the workplace. We offer numerous opportunities to make your graduate experience more meaningful by participating in regional and national case competitions, leadership immersions, entrepreneurship pitch fests, and portfolio management investing or impact investing with actual funds through Impact Ventures. You'll also have access to the Finance Lab, PSU's hub for Bloomberg Terminal and Barron's in Education.
- A degree with well-deserved name recognition. U.S. News & World Report, Conscious Company Magazine, Corporate Knights, Princeton Review and others have rated The Portland MBA as one of the nation’s best MBAs. Employers know our reputation and actively recruit our MBA graduates. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute has recognized PSU as a University Affiliate, an elite classification certifying that our MSF curriculum aligns with CFA standards.
- Leading-edge, STEM-focused training. Expertise in data and analysis is non-negotiable for today’s leaders. Our MSF has earned the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) designation for its quantitative rigor and focus on advances in financial technology. International students who enroll in the program are eligible for an additional 24 months of OPT for a total of 36 months.
- World-class faculty. You’ll learn from experts who combine real-world business acumen with groundbreaking scholarship and research that changes business for the better. Our diverse faculty hold a combination of CFA, MBA and Ph.D. credentials. In addition to their experience in academia, many bring to the classroom their professional experience in the private and public sectors. Connected and accomplished, our faculty help you advance in your graduate education and professional career.
- Innovative curriculum. Go beyond current trends and explore what’s on the horizon. In the MBA program, you’ll find applied learning opportunities in innovation and design thinking that equips you to anticipate (or generate) trends before your competitors do. With the MSF program, you’ll have the opportunity to dig into industry-defining trends like blockchain and impact investing.
MBA/MSF Dual Degree Highlights
- Improve your competitiveness in the job market.
- Learn on your schedule with full- or part-time options. Full-time students will earn two master’s degrees in two years; part-time students can earn them in three years.
- Save nearly $10K in program costs.
- Share credits between programs (95 credits for the dual degree instead of 111 credits if the degrees were pursued separately).
- Use business for good with a curriculum that focuses on sustainability and social impact.
- Get both a broad, cross-functional perspective on business strategy and deep expertise in finance.
What Can I Do With an MBA/MSF Dual Degree?
With a dual MBA/MSF degree, you’ll be positioned to drive change, make impactful decisions and lead companies of the future. Graduates of our MBA and MSF programs are employed across industries in corporate finance, investment management, consulting and development roles. Potential roles for graduates include:
- Executive business management
- Government administration
- Nonprofit leadership
- International development
- Financial management
- Human resource management
- Business valuation
- Investment analysis
- Financial technology
- Financial services
- Budget and forecasting
- Industry research
- Impact investing