The Portland MBA
Apply for free to The Portland MBA for 2021 admission. There are too many barriers preventing high-potential students from pursuing a graduate degree. We don’t believe the application fee should be one of them.
Application Deadlines for Fall 2021 Start
Admissions decisions are made within 4 to 6 weeks of a completed application. All required materials must be submitted to begin the application review.
Benefits of applying earlier in the application cycle:
- Eligibility for a larger amount of admissions scholarships
- More time to prepare for the start of term
- Invitations to exclusive events for students
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application Round||Application Deadline|
|Round 1||December 15, 2020|
Priority Scholarship Deadline
|February 1, 2021|
|Round 3||May 1, 2021|
|Rolling Admissions||August 15, 2021|
MBA Application Requirements
There are separate applications and requirements for full-time candidates and part-time candidates.
- Meet PSU minimum admission requirement
- Professional resume
- Unofficial transcripts/mark sheets from each college or university attended. If admitted, official transcripts must be submitted. Visit the PSU Admissions website for detailed transcript requirements.
- Interview by the admissions committee. After an initial application review, selected candidates will be invited to an on-campus or virtual interview. This is a positive indicator of our interest in your application but does not guarantee admission.
- $67 application fee - waived for 2021 admission year
- Full-time: Contact information for two professional references
- Part-time: Two letters of recommendation. At least one must be a professional recommendation.
- Essay questions (3): Essays are your opportunity to tell us who you are beyond your GPAs, test scores and resume. Use this opportunity to provide us with a better understanding of your personal journey, unique background and goals associated with the program.
- 250 words maximum per essay question.
- Answers to all three questions are required. Attach one document with responses to all three essay questions.
- See questions below.
- GMAT and GRE Optional: We recognize that standardized exams are not always a fair reflection of a candidate's abilities as a result of the inequity of those exams. Therefore we have suspended the GMAT and GRE requirement for the 2020-2021 application season. This means the GMAT or GRE are no longer required for admission to the MBA program at PSU. We recommend that applicants with undergraduate or graduate GPAs lower than 3.0 can consider taking the GMAT or GRE to improve the competitiveness of their application. Applicants with 4-8 years of post-undergraduate employment can also take the Executive Assessment as an alternative. However, we will also have summer bootcamps for students admitted to the MBA program who need additional preparation.
- Tell us your story. What led you to submit this application to the MBA program Portland State
- Our program values a cohort model where students complete all of their courses with the same group they were admitted with in order to increase engagement in the classroom and deepen professional relationships through the program. If admitted to our program, what unique skills and experiences will you be able to bring to your MBA cohort and our larger graduate business community?
- Please describe how you vision your career path unfolding during the five years following your graduation from the MBA program.
- Tell us your story. What lead you to submit this application to the MBA program at Portland State?
- How has your view of leadership evolved over the past 2-5 years of your career?
- The Part-Time MBA program is designed for students who have reached one or more of their post-undergraduate employment goals, and whose professional experience will help provide valuable context to their cohort members. If admitted to the part-time program, how will your professional experience add to the learning of your cohort?
Additional International Student Requirements
- English Language Proficiency
- International Documents & Certified Translation
- Financial Documentation
- Other Helpful Information for International Students