What is an EPAF?
An EPAF is an Electronic Personnel Action Form; an online form, originated by a department to submit employment data changes. EPAFs replace paper forms in processes such as hiring a student employee, terminating student employment and updating job labor distribution. Each EPAF action has pre-assigned approval levels, which represent electronic signatures approving the transaction.
What are the different EPAF User Types?
- Originators – users who begin an EPAF action
- Approvers – users who must approve an EPAF action
- Proxies – users who are designated by an Approver with specific authority to approve actions on the Approver’s behalf
- FYI - Notifies user of transaction only, it doesn't require approval.
What is the process for submitting EPAFS?
- How to Hire an Hourly Student
- How to Approve an EPAF
- How to Terminate a Job
- Common Errors & Warnings For Hiring a Student
- How to Hire a 9-month Graduate Teaching or Research Assistant
- How to Hire Graduate Administrative Assistant
- How to View and Approve a Grad EPAF
- How to Modify or Terminate a Graduate Assistantship
- How to Accept a Graduate Appointment
Other information related to EPAFS:
- How to Update Labor Distribution on an existing job record
- How to Approve Labor Distribution Updates
- Common Errors & Warnings For Labor Distribution Updates