Letters of Offer
Requirements and templates vary depending on the type of position being hired. Here is a comparison of job types with information on which hiring system and letter of offer to use:
The following templates contain the required elements for letters of offer. If you have questions regarding modifications please contact your HR Partner.
All employment letters must have the department head and dean level signatures before being presented to the employee and also before the employee’s first day of work. Administrative Stipends have additional signatures that must also be obtained before the letter is presented to the employee.
Bracketed statements in the letter templates are optional or contingency language that may not apply to all appointments. Please remove bracketed statements if not applicable.
Make sure you always ask your prospective employees if they are working anywhere else on campus. This will help prevent employment conflicts such as the loss of a graduate assistantship or personal services contract.
- Tenure-Track Letter of Hire and Supplemental Letter
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty Continuous Letter of Offer
- Fixed-Term Research Letter of Offer (grant funded)
- Fixed-Term Instructional Letter of Offer (non-grant funded)
- Non Tenure-Track Position Description
- Unclassified Unrepresented Admin Letter of Offer
- Unclassified Unrepresented Faculty-Related Letter of Offer
- Adjunct Teaching Letter of Offer
- Adjunct Research (Salaried) Letter of Offer
- Adjunct Research (Hourly) Letter of Offer
- Adjunct Late Letter or Cancellation Form
- Adjunct Teaching Multi-Year Letter of Offer
Temporary and Wage Employees
- FLSA Exemption Test Worksheet - Complete this worksheet PRIOR to issuing a Salaried Wage Agreement
- Hourly Wage Agreement Letter of Offer
- Salaried Wage Agreement Letter of Offer
- Temporary Classified Letter of Offer
- 12-month Graduate Assistantship Letter of Offer - Updated June 2018!
- 9-month Graduate Assistantship Hiring Instructions
- Graduate Assistant Modification or Cancellation Form