Education and Retirement Planning Services
Here at Portland State University, we have many options to educate and empower our employees to establish a retirement portfolio that is right for you and your family. There are many reasons why people don’t save for retirement. The top six are listed below:
- “I don’t know how”
- “I don’t want to think about it”
- “Between my savings and my 401(k), I’ll be fine”
- “The Government will take care of me”
- “My finances are a mess”
- “I don’t have enough money to get started”
We have retirement consultants that will meet with you either virtual or by phone. They are here to assist in establishing a retirement portfolio or to make sure that you are currently on track for retirement.
To meet with a TIAA representative either make an appointment online or call 800.732.8353
Upcoming Virtual Counseling Dates
- Thursday, December 10, 2020 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Virtual Counseling
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Virtual Counseling
- Friday, January 15, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Virtual Counseling
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Virtual Counseling
- Friday, February 12, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Virtual Counseling
To meet with a Fidelity representative either make an appointment online or call Ronald Elia at 800.642.7131
To meet with an Oregon Savings Growth Plan representative either make an appointment online or call Charles Yu Tel: 503.997.3412
TIAA offers financial education webinars.
- Investing in Your Future
- Living in Retirement
- Planning for Today and Tomorrow
- Savings for Life's Milestones
- Spending Within Your Means
Register to attend a webinar session through the TIAA Webinar Lounge.
Note: You will need to login or create a user account before the list of webinars is available for registration.
PERS offers a variety of education sessions to assist members with the planning and preparation process.
Plan administrators for ORP plans provide educational materials and information on their websites.