Commuter Accounts are individual fringe benefits defined and regulated by IRS Code. They allow you to save on taxes by paying eligible employment-related commuting expenses with pretax dollars. Important information you should know about FSA's:
- Enrollment/Cancellation/Changes can be done anytime during the year and Open Enrollment
- Complete and submit the commuter account form to enroll/cancel/change
- Changes are prospective; they go into effect the first of the month following receipt of the form.
- January 15th is the deadline to submit claims for previous year expenses
- Submit claims through ASIFlex
- Accounts with no activity (contributions or reimbursements) within 180 days are terminated. Any remaining funds are forfeit.
*Commuter Accounts do not stop until cancellation forms are submitted.
Commuter Accounts are administered by PEBB and provided through ASIFlex. For more information on Commuter Accounts visit PEBB.
Use this pretax account to pay for qualified expenses for commuting by:
- Expenses must not be deducted by your employer from your pay pretax to be eligible.
- The PSU pretax Tri-Met pass is not eligible.
- Commuting means traveling between your home and your place of work on a regular basis.
- The monthly maximum contribution and reimbursement in a transportation account is $265.
Use this pretax account to pay for qualified expenses incurred for parking your personal vehicle:
- At or near your employer-provided workplace.
- At a location from which to commute to the workplace by mass transit facilities, commuter highway vehicle, or carpool.
- Personal vehicles include car, truck, motorcycle, and bicycle.
- The PSU pretax parking pass is not eligible.
- The monthly maximum contribution and reimbursement in a parking account is $265.