These programs are offered to employees enrolled in a medical program through Portland State. Some programs are extended to spouse, partner, dependents and even extended family members. They are offered at either no cost or low cost to promote healthy living.
These programs are paid through your medical premiums, please look over all the programs and see what PSU has to offer you.
- WW (Formerly Weight Watchers)
- Wellness Center
- Employee Assistance Program
- Healthy Team Healthy U
- Diabetes Prevention
- Fitness Center and other related discounts
- Tobacco Cessation
- Better Choices, Better Health
- No-cost Preventive Services
- Mindfulness promotes inner calm and helps connect the mind and body. Studies suggest practicing meditation can help a variety of things – from insomnia and high blood pressure to anxiety and low back pain. Check out the top mindfulness apps to get you started
Better Choices, Better Health
Better Choices, Better Health is a program that helps manage chronic conditions.
- Online workshops
- Connect to online support groups
- Track your progress
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides assistance to individuals dealing with issues that affect your work, home, or family life.
Healthy Team Healthy U
Healthy Team Healthy U is an online program that gives tools to help you improve your diet, be more physically active, have more energy and enjoy better health.
- Peer Support
- Advanced activity tracking
- High-tech pedometer and 12 sessions workbook
- Real-time tracking
The PEBB Diabetes Prevention Program is a lifestyle training program that teaches participants strategies for incorporating physical activity into daily life and eating healthy. You'll work with a trained health coach to how to make changes to become more physically active, reduce stress, lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. Click on one of the following program links to learn more.
The Tobacco Cessation program provides comprehensive support at no cost
- Consultations with a trained quit coach who knows how tough it can be to quit and ways you can stay or get back on track
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Materials to help you plan and stick to a personalized quit program
- Coverage of certain prescribed medications to help you quit
Only benefit eligible employees enrolled in a medical program can participate for free. If you opt-out or decline then you are unable to participate in our program. Your benefit covers up to four 13-week Weight Watcher series per the calendar year. We currently have Tuesday or Friday meetings to fit your schedule.
- PSU offers onsite meetings
- Spouse/Partner enrolled in PSU medical program can participate
- WW FAQs
We have received many calls from members that participate in an in-person WW workshop. WW has moved to a virtual platform. Please visit them at https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/PEBB to learn more about how WW is adapting in-person workshops for our membership.
No-cost Preventive Services
Fitness Center and Other Related Discounts
- PEBB insurance companies offer discounts to over 9,000 participating fitness centers and programs nationwide.
- Check out your carrier's information below for more information and details. They also offer other fitness related discounts! Call your carrier for additional details and questions about their programs.
- Kaiser Permanente Active and Fit Direct Program
- Moda Health Active and Fit Direct Program
- Providence Health Plan Active and Fit Direct Program