Dean's Student Circle
Dean of The School of Business, Cliff Allen, invites students to apply for a unique opportunity. The Dean’s Student Circle is a small hand-selected group of students that meets regularly to network and be mentored. All business students, particularly those from underserved backgrounds, are encouraged to apply. Decisions are based on answers to the questions in the application. GPA may be taken into account but students should not be discouraged to apply if their marks are not strong. Academic performance is only one indicator of leadership potential.
About the group
Each month, the Dean meets with business students over lunch. Alumni and members from the business community are invited to speak and the Dean facilitates the discussion. Students have the opportunity to hear from these professionals in an informal setting and ask questions as well as share their own experiences. The intention is for students to develop leadership skills and build a professional network with fellow members and speakers.
- Commit to attending all lunch meetings in the academic year.
- Be willing to share personal experiences especially regarding challenges and opportunities.
- Be willing to engage with guest speakers.
- Be willing to represent the undergraduate student body (this may mean volunteering at events or being involved in other ways when requested).
- Undergraduate business students are eligible to continue as a member throughout their time in The School of Business as long as they meet the above requirements.
The application period for the 2020-2021 academic year is now closed. Application will reopen in September 2021.