Dean's Future Leaders Group
Each year the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, Dr. Erica Wagner, personally selects several new students to join her Future Leaders Group. Selected individuals reflect The School of Business's diverse student body and must have leadership potential.
Undergraduate business students are eligible to continue as a member throughout the time in The School of Business as long as they have met the below requirements.
- Personal and professional mentorship from Dr. Wagner.
- Professional networking with DFLG members and alumni.
- Involvement in School of Business initiatives.
- Professionally represent the undergraduate student body.
- Personal and professional growth and the development of refined leadership skills.
- The potential to build lasting friendships with DFLG members.
- Provide feedback on relevant School of Business matters.
- Mentoring prospective and current students.
- Networking with prospective, current and former students.
- Organize workgroups and engage in professional teamwork.
- Community involvement and a yearly service project.
- Supporting The School of Business faculty and staff.
- Display leadership potential and a willingness to grow.
- Monthly lunch meetings with Dr. Wagner and all DFLG members.
- Monthly team-building social events with all DFLG members.
- Commit to three to five hours of additional work each month.
- Maintain an accurate, active and complete LinkedIn profile.
- A year-long commitment to yourself and the group (Fall, Winter, and Spring terms).
How to Apply
Business students who have the willingness to be honest about who they are – strengths and limitations – and who are open to receive support from the group and Dr. Wagner are encouraged to apply.