Business Intelligence & Analytics Graduate Certificate
How to Apply
BIA Application Requirements
- Professional resume
- Unofficial transcripts/marksheets from each college or university attended
- Official transcripts will be required to be submitted if admitted.
- Visit the PSU Admissions website for detailed transcript requirements.
- Statement of Purpose: In 500 words or less, please tell us what has led you to pursue this degree. Identify your short-term and long-term career objectives, an explanation of your decision to pursue this degree at this point in your life, and your specific interest in Portland State University’s School of Business.
- $67 application fee
- This program is designed for technical professionals.
- Preferred Requirements:
- At least 1 year of professional or educational experience in data analytics, data reporting, and/or advanced statistics.
- If you do not have experience in these areas, please consider the Data Analytics Certificate delivered by the Center for Executive and Professional Education.
- This certificate teaches the fundamentals of data analytics and is ideal for students new to the field and professionals seeking to understand the context and implications of data on business decisions and outcomes.
Resources for International Students
- English Language Proficiency
- International Documents & Certified Translation
- Financial Documentation
- Other Helpful Information for International Students
Note for F1 Visa Students
As part of your visa requirement, you will need additional credits in order to meet the 9-credit per term minimum. Please check in with David Bikman to explore options before submitting your application. You can email him at email@example.com.
Application Requirements for Current PSU Graduate Students
- Complete a Request for Change of Program form.
- Please select the option “I wish to add to my present program...”
- The form must be signed by your current academic advisor.
- Complete the Graduate Business Certificate Request form.
- Brief purpose statement and resume required
- You will be notified of the department’s admission decision via email
- If admitted, contact your academic advisor to determine your schedule of courses (both graduate degree and BIA Certificate).
Learn More about the Intelligence & Analytics Certificate
Application Due Dates
New students start classes in the winter or fall quarters only. F1 visa students can only start in the fall.
- Winter - December 15
- Fall - August 31