Hiring & Position Management
Portland State University's Office of Human Resources partners with the Office of Global Diversity and Inclusion to provide guidance and support to all searches campus wide. We ensure that university recruitment policies and procedures are consistent with all federal and state employment laws as well as compliance with all campus collective bargaining agreements.
The HR Partners can provide assistance with recruiting and hiring best practices through trainings and meetings with search committees. Please contact your HR Partner for more information.
I need to hire...
Recruitment and Selection Resources
- Search Committee Roles - new!
- Outreach Resources - new!
- Advertising for a Diverse Audience
- Interviewing Tips
- Behavioral Question Bank
- Background Checks
- Reference Checks
How do I....
- temporarily change my employee's FTE?
- change a term of service?
- request a sabbatical?
- appoint an associate dean, chair or chair-equivalent?
- request a new position number?
- compensate my unclassified employee for temporary, higher level duties?
- compensate my exempt unclassified employee for additional work?
- write a search waiver memo?