How to Apply
Taxation Graduate Certificate
Admissions standards for the Graduate Certificate in Taxation are tailored to your educational and professional background:
|Student Type||Admissions Standards|
Accountants and Tax Practitioners
|Bachelor's degree in accounting and employment in a tax-related field, a Certified Public Accountant license, or an Enrolled Agent license.|
|Individuals Seeking Career Change Into Taxation||
Bachelor's degree outside of accounting with a 3.0 GPA in the following upper division accounting prerequisite courses*:
|Bachelor's degree in accounting prior to starting the program with a 3.0 GPA in upper division accounting courses.|
*To confirm if specific courses you completed can be counted as prerequisites please submit all transcripts to the Graduate Business Programs office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Graduate Business Programs Office will review your transcripts and notify you within two weeks.
GMAT/GRE not required for this program
- Professional resume
- Unofficial transcripts/marksheets from each college or university attended
- Official Transcripts will be required to be submitted if admitted.
- Visit the PSU Admissions website for detailed transcript requirements.
- Contact information for two professional references
- Statement of Purpose: In 500 words or less, please tell us what has led you to pursue this degree. Identify your short-term and long-term career objectives, an explanation of your decision to pursue this degree at this point in your life, and your specific interest in Portland State University’s School of Business.
- Interview: After an initial application review, selected candidates may be invited to an on-campus or virtual interview. An email invitation will be sent to schedule an appointment.
- $67 application fee
- Meet PSU minimum admission requirements
Application Requirements for Current PSU Graduate Students
- Complete a Request for Change of Program form.
- Please select the option “I wish to add to my present program...”
- The form must be signed by your current academic advisor.
- Complete the Graduate Business Certificate Request form.
- Brief purpose statement and resume required
- You will be notified of the department’s admission decision via email.
- If admitted, contact your academic advisor to determine your schedule of courses.
Learn More about the Taxation Certificate
Application Due Dates
New students start classes in the summer or fall quarters only.
- Summer Deadline - June 1
- Fall Deadline - August 31