Center for Retail Leadership
The COVID Pivot
Wednesday, May 19, 4-5:30 p.m.
The title immediately reminds us all of a very dangerous, perhaps extremely personal, pandemic. It also reminds us of the massive disruption to the retail sector it is leaving in its wake. This event will speak directly to the retail and consumer “experience” of the disruption itself.
Enormous change, especially change on a global scale, brings with it enormous challenges. But, as always, “enormous” opportunity follows. Explore with us the retail disruption, the consumer revolution it started, and the previously unforeseen opportunities it is creating.
Hear from expert retail “responders” how the need for an immediate “pivot” and their proactive response allowed many businesses to survive, even prosper, and others to fail. Explore with us the consumer pivot, from their “where I shop and how I shop” revolution, to their “what am I shopping for” evolution.
Most importantly, learn what you can do to not just survive this cataclysmic event, but to anticipate and then participate in its ongoing revolution.
Moderated by: Chris Joseph, Founder & CEO, Cascade Spirits
Art of Resilience Podcast
Resilience is the essence of pursuing dreams and creating change. With a passion for discussing the challenges in life, creativity, work, Hussein aims to create episodes that are entertaining and educational for listeners. Each journey filled with obstacles, transformation, art and layers of resilience. Join artist Hussein Al-Baiaty each Wednesday as he speaks with people who practice art in a variety of forms. Every episode helps you feel inspired to create your state of mind.
Claima Stories Podcast
Claima Stories with Bimma is a Career Discovery Podcast created by Bimma Williams and BJ Frogozo to help job seekers of color discover their dream careers by offering them exposure to life-altering opportunities. During these one-on-one interviews, Bimma explores the inspiring stories of top talent of color and the incredible careers they've been able to claim. Claima Stories with Bimma has been praised in global publications like Footwear News, integrated into conferences like Footwear Forum, streamed in over 38 countries, and listened to by the managers of Travis Scott and Donald Glover.
- Nov 23, 2020: A&O Alumni Panel with Mario Castellanos from Nike, Itchelle Mapanao from Converse and Kate Bray from Netrush
- Nov 12, 2020: Leveraging Your Sports Passion into a Career: Chasin Greatness with Justin Forsett
- May 28, 2020: Oregon Sports Angels Panel Discussion with Maria Lanning, Brett Joyce, and Jim Chi
- May 19, 2020: Networking in a Digital Age with Emma Alfonso of Nike, Itchelle Mapanao of Converse, and Mandy Loh of P&G
- May 14, 2020: Colin McCall, VP Business Development, Riff Cold Brewed
- May 7, 2020: Denise Truett, Talent Aquisition & Recruiter, Safeway Alberstons
- April 23, 2020: Rebecca Stentz, Recruiting Manager, New Seasons
- April 16, 2020: Brett Joyce, Investor, Oregon Sports Angels (OSA) and Former President Rogue Ale & Spirits