World Languages & Literatures
Thrive in today's global world
PSU's Department of World Languages and Literatures plays a central role in preparing students to function in the global community. We offer courses in 17 languages, and our classes are designed to help you develop proficiency in reading, writing, listening, and speaking for eventual use in a broad variety of real-world settings.
Our physical office (FMH 315) is closed, but we are still here to serve you. You can contact faculty and staff directly, email us at email@example.com, or stop by our virtual desk (via Zoom), Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Check out our calendar of upcoming events
Courses for 2020-21
Faculty Office Hours
We offer tutoring services for 100- and 200-level language students. More information is available here.
We Stand Against Racism
Our department reaffirms its commitment to working toward a more just, inclusive, participatory, and anti-racist society. Read our statement.
Virtual Front Desk
Have a question? Need help? Stop by our virtual front desk (via Zoom), weekdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate Majors and Minors
- Majors: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish
- Minors: American Sign Language (ASL), Arabic, Chinese, Classical Studies, French, German, Modern Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Russian, and Spanish
- Certificates: Intercultural Competence for the Workplace, Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language, and World Languages Pedagogy
- MA in German, Japanese, and Spanish
- MA in World Languages and Literatures
Get an Edge
Add a minor in World Languages to your degree. No matter what you are majoring in, adding a minor in a foreign language will spice up your resume and will boost your chance of getting a job. Employers love to hire multilingual people in any profession.
Stay Connected with WLL
Polyglot, our departmental newsletter, is produced twice a year and keeps our alumni, family and friends up-to-date on what's going on with the WLL community.