The Department of World Languages and Literatures offers drop-in tutoring for 100- and 200-level language students online via Zoom.
Tutoring is available for WLL language students in 100- and 200-level classes in the following languages: American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Norwegian, Persian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Vietnamese.
Tutors Can Help With:
- Reviewing and clarifying concepts addressed in class or in the textbooks.
- Clarifying the meaning of an assignment and making suggestions on how to start an assignment.
- Practice speaking with you to help improve your real-time language use.
Tutors Cannot Help With:
- Tutors cannot help with exams or quizzes.
- Tutoring is not a substitute for class and tutors cannot do your homework for you.
Tutor Session Expectations:
- Come prepared with syllabus, book, worksheets and specific problems. Be sure you have attempted the work before you come.
- Tutoring slots are drop in and first come first served.
- Tutoring drop in sessions are generally 15 minutes. If there are no students in the waiting room, the session may be longer.
- The schedule below is subject to change and hours are not guaranteed.
How to Join a Tutoring Session:
- In the calendar below, click on the tutor name and time link to drop in on the tutor session.
- The link will take you to the waiting room, and once the tutor is free, they will let you into the session.
- Note, the link will only work during the specified time for that person and session.
- If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.