Bonjour et bienvenue!
Study language, literature, culture and film through a French lens. Courses in writing, French for professionals, conversational French, phonetics. Literature from Song of Roland to Moliere to science fiction and African and Caribbean authors.
We offer a Bachelor of Arts and Minor in French and a Master of Arts in World Languages and Literatures with a secondary language concentration in French. We also offer a Certificate in Intercultural Competence for the Workplace and a Certificate in Pedagogy in World Languages.
Second Language Requirement
Students can also fulfill their Bachelor of Arts (BA), or Master of Arts (MA) second language requirement in French.
Placement & Advising
PSU's Education Abroad offers more than 200 programs in 90 countries.
Work Abroad: French Ministry of Education Teaching Assistantship Program
Earn money teaching English in French primary and secondary schools and in Instituts universitaires de formation des maîtres (IUFMs) in all regions of France and the DOM-TOMS.
- Career Opportunities in Foreign Language
- The African Film Festival builds community by bringing people together to view African films, meet African filmmakers, participate in after-film discussions, and debate issues of personal and global significance, in a forum where open and honest dialogue can flourish.
- Tennessee Bob's Famous French include cultural resources, grammar exercises, media sites and more.
- MLA Guideline Online
- Dictionnaire de l’Académie Française, full-text resources (mostly early modern), Diderot and D’Alembert’s Encyclopédie project. You must be logged in through the PSU server to have full access to this site.
- Bibliothèque Nationale de France’s free full-text search engine. Works are available for free download.
- Translation project of Diderot and D’Alembert’s Encyclopédie project.
- Francophone Literature and Culture
- Literature of the Maghreb