Graduate Program Applications
Applications and related information below are for the following Masters Programs in World Languages and Literatures:
M.A.: in French, German, Japanese, and Spanish
M.A.: in World Languages and Literatures
The admission process will be delayed if you submit incomplete applications. Admission to graduate study is granted on the basis of evidence of suitable preparation and the probability of success in the intended field of study.
If you do not register for the term to which you are admitted, your admission will be automatically cancelled unless you notify the Office of Admission and the WLL Department of your intent to change the date of enrollment.
Notification must be given prior to the term for which you are admitted. Failure to supply complete and accurate information will subject you to the University's policies governing academic dishonesty.
1. Complete the PSU Application for Graduate Admission. Please note, along with your application you will also need to submit:
- One transcript for each post-secondary institution attended
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals with whom you have studied or who know your work
- Written statement detailing your background and indicating goal and reasons for selecting this field as a future profession
- A writing sample from your most recent coursework in the language(s) for which you are applying
- All supporting documents (described above) can be uploaded through your online application
2. Visit the PSU Office of Graduate Studies website for the most up-to-date links and information. You will be able to:
- Review the simplified steps for Graduate Admissions
- Evaluate the Minimum Admissions Requirements
- Understand which Transcripts are required when
- Determine if you meet the English Language Proficiency requirement
- Understand the International Minimum Academic Requirements
- Recognize if International Documents & Certified Translation are necessary
3. As a PSU student, you are responsible for being familiar and complying with all rules and regulations governing graduate study as set forth in the PSU Bulletin.
All programs have rolling admission deadlines. However, to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistanship, you must apply for fall term admission. Contact the Department of World Languages and Literatures Graduate Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Graduate Assistantships in World Languages and Literatures provide professional teaching experience as well as financial support for qualified students regularly admitted to PSU graduate programs.
If you are applying to one of our department's MA programs, you may indicate your interest in a GTAship on the online application. If you are not admitted to an MA program in the Department of World Languages and Literatures, please email email@example.com to inquire about the availability of GTAships for non-WLL students.