PSU Campus Rec Internship Program
Current Internship Opportunities
Campus Rec has internships for students interested in gaining experience in areas of recreation such as health promotion, accounting, human resources, marketing, inclusive recreation, programming, or operations. Students will have the opportunity to apply prior course work and integrate theory with practical learning while receiving mentorship and supervision from a professional staff member.
Eligibility & Availability
All PSU undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for internships. On occasion non-PSU students are considered for internships. All internships are available on a case-by-case basis and typically last for one or two terms. Internships taken for academic credit or in conjunction with an academic requirement may require department advisor approval prior to the start of the internship. Campus Rec internships are unpaid, and there are a limited number of internships available each term.
- Complete all hours according to schedule arranged with internship supervisor
- Regular meetings and exit interview with internship supervisor
- Final project presentation
- May involve training or work in addition to main project
- Commitment to Campus Rec Mission and Values
- Please note: Interns who may supervise an activity area or excursion for Campus Rec may be required to possess or obtain American Red Cross Standard First Aid, CPR/AED For the Professional Rescuer certifications.
- Develop learning outcomes
- Must successfully complete background check
- Understand and adhere to Campus Rec's Dignity Statement and Mission, Vision and Values.
"This internship was a unique and extremely rewarding experience. . . this opportunity with the PPS Community Transition Program allowed me to start a program from scratch and take ownership of my work. . .I could see that I truly made a difference inside and outside of the classroom."
- Former CREC Portland Public Schools Recreation Partner Intern
"I got called for a second interview [and subsequently was offered a full time job] managing health promotions and doing medical transcribing for a naturopathic doctor at an awesome clinic in NE. Just thought I’d say thank you for the internship experience! It was the first thing on my resume and they were so intrigued and pleased that I had that position."
- Former CREC Wellness Fair Intern
- View available internships on the Campus Rec website
- Apply as directed on internship position description. If you are interested in an internship that is not listed, please check out our website for more information on what we do, and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other opportunities.