Portland State Rec Clubs is a student-led program that provides opportunities for recreation and intercollegiate competition between students of all skill and ability levels. Participate in your favorite sports and activities, build community, and practice transferable leadership skills in a safe and supportive environment. Our 30+ clubs are educational, accessible, organized by students, and funded by student fees. Join an existing Rec Club or start a brand new club of your own.
How to join
Because our clubs are diverse in their activities and missions, they have different requirements to join. The best way to find out how to join a club is to contact one of the student leaders. Below is the club contact list.
Before participating with a club, you must fill out the Rec Clubs Code of Conduct/Liability Waiver.
Some Rec Clubs may be active during fall term. If you reach out to a club and do not hear back, contact Peter Kramer, Rec Clubs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Unified Sports is a Special Olympics initiative that joins people with and without intellectual disabilities on the same team. It was inspired by a simple principle: playing together is a quick path to friendship and understanding.
Start a Club
2020-2021 New Club Application Steps
There are three steps to starting a club:
- Submitting an application via PSU Connect. (Application opens January 1st, 2020).
- Attending a one on one meeting with the Rec Club Coordinator.
- Attending a New Club Training Spring Term.
- Fall and Winter Term: Prepare for registration. Get club leaders organized and start finding other students who would be interested.
- March 8th, 2020: Submit new club application on PSU Connect. You will attach the club constitution in the application.
- March 20th, 2020: Deadline to schedule and complete a meeting with the Rec Club coordinator and all three Club leaders. Please contact email@example.com to set up this meeting.
- April 24th, 2020: Approved clubs announced. After the meeting, PSU Risk Management in conjunction with Campus Recreation will determine if PSU can approve the club. This can take several weeks depending on the club activity. Some clubs may not be approved; club leaders will be contacted if there are issues that need to be resolved.
- Spring Term - Middle of May: If accepted, club leaders will attend new club training. Time TBA.
Please Note : If your club is accepted, it will not be eligible for funding until its second year.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-725-2938 with any questions.