Veterans Certification House Bill 4021
What is HB4021?
HB 4021 was signed into law spring 2014. This bill will reduce tuition costs for non-resident veterans who were admitted to Portland State University for the Fall 2014 or later.
- You must be admitted Fall 2014 or after.
- You must be a graduate student, enrolled in credit bearing courses at PSU.
- You must be classified as a non-resident of Oregon for tuition purposes.
- You must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States.
- You must establish domicile in Oregon within 12 months of initial receipt of this benefit.
- You must be relieved or discharged for that service under honorable conditions as defined by ORS 408.225 and as shown on an original or certified copy of your DD-214.
- Veterans who receive vocational rehabilitation education benefits are not eligible.
- Self-Support programs, such as the Online Criminology & Criminal Justice Program are excluded from eligibility for this tuition and fee remission program.
You must submit a copy of your DD-214 to the Veterans Certification Office in the lobby of Fariborz Maseeh Hall.
Qualified students will have their non-resident tuition reduced after all other VA benefits and Gift Aid (grants and fee remissions) have been deducted. Loans received through financial aid do not fall into this category.
Note: This benefit is not applicable to postbac or undergraduate students. It is intended for graduate students only.