Veterans Certification CH 33
In order to certify you for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 benefits we will need:
- Veterans Certification form
- COE (certificate of eligibility)
- DD214 member 4
- 22-1995 (if you have used your benefits at any other institution) It is only necessary to complete Parts I, II, and sign V; making sure to list all majors/minors/certificates in space 4B.
- CH 33 Payment agreement
After registering, we recommend turning in all of your paperwork at one time for ease of processing. After your initial term, you will fill out your Veterans Certification form electronically from your banweb account each term so we may certify your courses.
There is no additional paperwork necessary to use the Yellow Ribbon program at PSU. When you turn in your initial paperwork we will assess the benefit most beneficial to you. If you are not an Oregon resident, this may include the Choice Act or Yellow Ribbon.
If you do not have access to the official copy of your COE (mailed from the VA) we are able to accept a copy from your e-benefits account.
How to get your COE:
- Log onto e-benefits
- Select “Manage Your Benefits” on the welcome page
- Under “Manage Benefits”, select “Education”
- In “Manage Your education Benefits”, you will see your benefit type listed as “Post 9/11 GI Bill® Enrollment Status”
- Select your “Enrollment Status” link
- Print or take a screenshot of the page titled “Education enrollment Status” making sure that all information listed is viewable on the copy
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government Website.