House Bill 2571
Portland State University (PSU) is participating in the State of Oregon Non-Resident Veteran Fee Remission program. The program provides a tuition and fee remission for qualified undergraduate students who are not residents of Oregon. Certain program limitations apply.
- You must be an admitted, undergraduate student, enrolled in credit bearing courses at PSU.
- You must be classified as a non-resident of Oregon for tuition purposes.
- You must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States.
- You must be relieved or discharged for that service under honorable conditions as defined by ORS 408.225 and as shown on an original or certified copy of your DD-214.
- Veterans who receive vocational rehabilitation education benefits are not eligible.
- Self-Support programs, such as the Online Criminology & Criminal Justice Program are excluded from eligibility for this tuition and fee remission program.
Submit the following documents to the Veterans Certification Office, located in the lobby of Fariborz Maseeh Hall.
Original or certified copy of your DD-214
Veterans receiving Chapter 33 benefits must provide their Certificate of Eligibility.
Qualified students are charged tuition and fees no greater than the resident rate, plus 50 percent of the difference between the resident tuition and fee total and the non-resident tuition and fee total. Veterans who receive federal tuition benefits in excess of the tuition and fees charged under this policy shall pay tuition and fees equal to the federal tuition benefits received.
Note: This benefit is not applicable to postbac or graduate students. It is intended for first time undergraduates only.