Earning PSU Exam Credit
To earn Credit for Prior Learning through the PSU challenge exam process, follow the steps below to arrange for, complete and be graded for your exam.
Arrange for Challenge Exam
- Determine if course is eligible for CPL credit (see list of challenge exams below)
- Complete the CPL Form
- Pay the exam fee at the Cashier's Office
- Return the completed form, with "PAID" stamp from the Cashier's Office, to the department to arrange for the exam
CPL Exam and Grading
- Department administers the exam
- Instructor completes a Supplementary Grade Report (SGR)
- Department Chair approves the SGR
- The SGR, along with the completed CPL form, is sent to the Registrar's Office for processing
Departmental Challenge Exams
Several departments offer challenge exams. Not all courses are offered for CPL; courses not listed are not available for CPL at this time. Find more information on the Available Subjects page.