International Postbaccalaureate Admission Requirements
- You must have earned a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and placed into one of our ESL programs if you do not meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
- Postbaccalaureate students who do not hold a degree from a university where the language of instruction is English must satisfy the Writing 323 requirements before graduation from PSU.
STEPS TO APPLY
Submit Your Application and Pay the $52 Application Fee
- Go to Portland State University's online application system and select Create Account. If you have already started an application, or created one for a past term, select Log In.
- A non-refundable $52 (USD) application fee is required. Pay this using a Visa or MasterCard. If you are eligible for fee deferral as an undergraduate, you will be able to choose this option for payment.
Submit Evidence Bachelor's Degree Was Earned
Submit official graduation certificate or transcript with bachelor's degree posted from your college or university. U.S. college/university transcripts must be official and mailed directly to PSU by the issuing institution. Non-U.S. college/university transcripts may be uploaded here. You can submit unofficial transcripts from non-U.S. institutions for review of your application and to receive an admission decision. Official transcripts are required for enrollment, see our official records policy for details.
Electronic Submission: Transcripts may be sent directly from a school official to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Person Submission: You can bring these directly to our office upon arrival to Portland State.
Mail Submission: Submit official transcripts in their original sealed envelopes from all schools attended and mail them to PSU at the address below.
Portland State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 751
Portland OR 97207-0751
Submit Evidence of English Language Proficiency
Request official test results to be sent directly to Portland State University by ETS (TOEFL), PTE, or IELTS. Students who meet the academic requirements for admission to PSU, but have not yet met English proficiency requirements, will be admitted to PSU and placed into one of our ESL programs. Review PSU’s English Language Proficiency Requirements for more details.
- TOEFL Code: 4610, department code 00
- SAT Code: 4610
Check Your Application Status
If you have submitted an application to Portland State University, you can log in to PSU's application portal to review the status of your application. You will be notified via email for each document you submit and your admission decision.
If you are not receiving email communications from Portland State University, be sure to check your @pdx.edu email account. Once you set up your student account all communications will be sent to that email address. If you are not receiving information from us in any email inboxes, please contact us at email@example.com.
ONCE YOU COMPLETE THE STEPS ABOVE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REVIEWED FOR ADMISSION
Submit Documents to Obtain Your Student Visa
Most international students who wish to study full-time in the United States must apply for either an F-1 or J-1 (Student) visa through a U.S. Consulate. If you are currently in the U.S. and studying on an F1 or J1 you will transfer your SEVIS record from your current U.S. school to Portland State University. This documentation is not required to make an admission decision. However, if you submit financial documentation with your other application materials it will greatly reduce the processing time of your application and I-20 issuance. Learn more about applying for your initial student visa.