Portland State University is almost entirely remote for the fall 2020 term. If you are interested in completing one or more terms at Portland State Non-Degree status might be a good option for you.
Non-Degree status is designed for students who want to take courses at Portland State University but do not plan to complete a degree. Non-Degree Entry gives you limited registration access to PSU classes. All credits you receive are fully accredited and transferable to PSU and institutions that accept PSU credits. If you are unsure if Non-Degree status is right for you, contact an admissions representative.
If you previously applied to PSU as a non-degree applicant, your non-degree status is continuous and you can register for classes.
- Have never attended PSU
- Can only enroll in 8 or fewer credits per term (21 credits or fewer in summer term)
- Cannot pursue a degree from Portland State University
- Cannot receive financial aid
How to Apply
- Go to Portland State University's online application system and select Create Account. If you have already started an application, or created one for a past term, select Log In.
- To start a new Non-Degree Application select Start New Application, Non Degree Seeking Application, and then click Create Application.
- Submit your application and then pay the non-refundable $25 application fee; you will be required to pay this via Visa or MasterCard. A $2.00 processing fee will apply.
Check your email for a message about the status of your application.
- Download and print a Non-Degree Entry form.
- Submit the paper form, along with the non-refundable $25 processing fee, to the Office of Admissions by mail.
- As soon as the form is processed (usually within three business days of PSU receiving the materials), PSU will send you an email with the information you need to register for classes.