New Student Orientation is completed online. Once you confirm your enrollment, you are eligible to sign up for your Online Orientation. However, if you activated your student account within the last 24 hours, you will need to wait until 24 hours have passed before you can sign up for Orientation.
Summer Term: How to Sign Up for Orientation
- Activate your Student (Odin) Account, if you haven't already. This is the account you’ll use to log in to complete your online orientation module and registration.
- Log in to the Orientation Sign-Up portal.
- Indicate your intended major and sign up for Orientation. Not sure of your major at this time? Select the academic program in which you are most interested at this time. The earliest possible dates you can sign up to get access to Online Orientation will be displayed when you sign in to the Orientation Portal.
- You will receive an email in your @pdx.edu account containing a unique link to your Online Orientation. You will receive this email within 30 minutes of registering. Your link is unique to you and your student account. You will not be able to access Online Orientation with anyone else’s link.
- Click the unique link in the email to begin your Online Orientation. The module is entirely self-paced and takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. You can start the module at any time once you receive the link.
- Register for Courses. After completing the module, you’re ready to register for courses.
- Connect with your Academic Advisor. Plan to schedule a virtual 1:1 with your academic advisor. Your Orientation module includes details about scheduling a virtual appointment with your academic advisor. Your advisor is ready to assist you in making course selections for your first term.
Fall Term: How to Complete Orientation
Fun fact: if you've confirmed your enrollment you're already registered for Online Orientation. In order to register for New Student Orientation, you must first confirm your enrollment.
- Activate your Student (Odin) Account if you haven't already. This is the account you’ll use to log in to complete your online orientation module and registration.
- Take the Math Placement Test if you haven’t already. Students with specific majors probably need to complete the math placement test prior to signing up for Orientation. Find out if you need to take the Math Placement Test. All Summer Bridge Scholars are required to complete the math placement test regardless of major. You must complete the Math Placement Test before completing Online Orientation.
- Check your @pdx.edu email address. Your custom online orientation module link will be sent to your @pdx.edu email address on Monday, June 21, at 8:00 am Pacific time.
- Complete your online orientation. The module is self-paced and can be completed at any time that works for your schedule. Your link to the online orientation will expire three weeks after receiving it.
- Register for classes. Once you complete the orientation module, you will be able to access course registration. More details will be sent to you at that time.
- Attend a Welcome Webinar: At this live virtual event we’ll welcome you to the PSU community and share what to expect in your first term at PSU. You'll also get instructions about how to make an appointment with your advisor during orientation, you do not need to make an appointment with an advisor prior to completing orientation.
- Attend a Session Hosted by Your Advising Pathway: These events are another opportunity to learn about the required classes, and you can get tips and suggestions directly from advisors.
- Join a Registration Lab: Once you have finished online orientation, you’ll have access to register for your first term of courses. However, you may still have questions about your degree map and selecting courses. Academic advisors and student Orientation Leaders are ready to assist during any of the drop-in Virtual Registration Lab dates.
Connect to Campus Virtually
Completing online orientation is just one step in setting yourself up for success your first term. Join fellow incoming students, Orientation Leaders, and PSU staff during any of the virtual offerings designed to help you connect you to campus.