Equipment Rental Center
Need gear to get outside? We've got it ready for you at prices you can afford. Take advantage of your student fees and come down to the Outdoor Program Equipment Center and get just the right gear for your own adventure.
To make a gear reservation stop into our office or give us a call, 503-725-5668.
Specials & Schedule Updates
- Veterans Day Closure & Weekend Gear Sale - 11/13-11/16 (closed 11/11) | Current PSU students who are current or former military servicemembers may rent gear for personal use over the weekend following Veteran's Day for free. Limit of one item per type of gear (i.e. one tent, one sleeping bag, etc.). Additional days beyond the four-day rental period will be charged standard extra-day rate.
- Thanksgiving Weekend Closure & Special - 11/25 & 11/30 (closed 11/26-27) | Rent gear for six days for the price of four. Items must be picked up 11/25 and returned 11/30. Any additional days will be chaged standard extra-day fees.
- Winter Break Closure & Special - 12/11-01/04 (closed 12/14-01/01) | Rent gear for 25 days for the price of four. Items must be picked up 12/11 and returned 01/04. Any additional days will be charged standard extra-day fees.
Equipment Center Closures
Visit the Outdoor Program's homepage for upcoming closures.
Location: Academic and Student Recreation Center
on the corner of SW 5th and Harrison
Hours: Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- In order to rent equipment at the ASRC Member rate, you must be a current member of the ASRC. Without proof of membership, equipment is rented at the public rate. Non-members must present a valid government-issued photo ID to rent.
- Reservations may be made up to 5 business days in advance. In order to avoid being charged for the rental, a 24-hour cancellation notice must be given. Less than a 24-hour cancellation notice will result in a charge for ½ the rental. Failure to cancel will result in a charge for the full rental value.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure they have adequate transportation and storage for the equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, roof racks to transport kayaks.
- Cleaning fees are up to the discretion of the staff and can be up to 2 times the daily rental rate if items are returned excessively dirty.
- By signing the Rental Agreement, the individual is agreeing that equipment listed on the Rental Agreement is present and in good repair. The EQC is not responsible for gear reported damaged or missing after the renter removes it from the EQC. All renters are strongly encouraged to check over gear before leaving the EQC.
- Individuals may rent gear for themselves and up to two additional people.
- No one person may rent more than two watercraft.
- Individual must be 18 years or older to rent gear from the Equipment Center.
- Rental periods include pick-up and return days.
- Late fees are 2 times the additional day rate for each piece of gear rented.
- Individuals should allow adequate time for picking up and returning their rentals. Please allow 30 minutes for the larger packages such as raft and kayaks. For smaller rentals, please allow 15 minutes.