Equipment Rental Center
Need gear to get outside? We've got it ready for you at prices you can afford. Take advantage of your student fees and come down to the Outdoor Program Equipment Center and get just the right gear for your own adventure.
To make a gear reservation stop into our office or give us a call, 503-725-5668.
Equipment Center Specials & Closures
Annual Used Gear Sale
April 23, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Each spring, the Outdoor Program sells retired equipment from the rental program. Selection varies each year; several weeks before the sale, items will be listed on the Facilities & Planning surplus website. The sale is first-come, first-served and gear goes quickly!
Memorial Day Weekend Rental Special & Closure
May 27-31 (closed 5/30)
Rent gear for five days for the price of 4. Items must be picked up 5/27 and returned 5/31. Any additional days will be charged standard extra day fees.
Summer Break Rental Special & Closure
June 10-20 (6/13–17)
Rent gear for 11 days for the price of four. Items must be picked up 6/10
and returned 6/20. Any additional days will be charged standard extra day fees.
Location: Academic and Student Recreation Center
on the corner of SW 5th and Harrison
Hours: Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- In order to rent equipment at the ASRC Member rate, you must be a current member of the ASRC. Without proof of membership, equipment is rented at the public rate. Non-members must present a valid government-issued photo ID to rent.
- Reservations may be made up to 5 business days in advance. In order to avoid being charged for the rental, a 24-hour cancellation notice must be given. Less than a 24-hour cancellation notice will result in a charge for ½ the rental. Failure to cancel will result in a charge for the full rental value.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure they have adequate transportation and storage for the equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, roof racks to transport kayaks.
- Cleaning fees are up to the discretion of the staff and can be up to 2 times the daily rental rate if items are returned excessively dirty.
- By signing the Rental Agreement, the individual is agreeing that equipment listed on the Rental Agreement is present and in good repair. The EQC is not responsible for gear reported damaged or missing after the renter removes it from the EQC. All renters are strongly encouraged to check over gear before leaving the EQC.
- Individuals may rent gear for themselves and up to two additional people.
- No one person may rent more than two watercraft.
- Individual must be 18 years or older to rent gear from the Equipment Center.
- Rental periods include pick-up and return days.
- Late fees are 2 times the additional day rate for each piece of gear rented.
- Individuals should allow adequate time for picking up and returning their rentals. Please allow 30 minutes for the larger packages such as raft and kayaks. For smaller rentals, please allow 15 minutes.