Rec clubs strive to embody all the values of Campus Recreation by being community oriented, safe, sustainable, diverse, accessible, and educational.
Who are we?
Portland State Rec Clubs is a student-led program representing different sports, games, and physical activities. Rec Clubs are organized by students and funded by student fees. We encourage participation by providing opportunities for recreation and intercollegiate competition between students of all skill-levels.
How to join
Because our clubs are diverse in their activites and missions, they have different requirements to join. The best way to find out how to join a club is to contact one of the student leaders. To contact a club click on the club and use the contact information provided. Club leader email and club waivers are included on every club page.
- Action Sports
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Electro Dance
- Hip Hop Alliance
- Ice Hockey, Men's
- Lacrosse, Men's
- Latina Dance
- Rugby, Women's
- Running Around Portland
- Soccer, Men's
- Soccer, Women's
There are three steps to starting a club:
- Submitting an application via OrgSync. This application can be found below.
- Attending a one on one meeting with the Rec Club coordinator.
- Attending a New Club Training.
- Fall and Winter Term: Prepare for registration. Get club leaders organized and start finding other students who would be interested.
- February 26th, 2016: Submit new club application on Orgsync. You will attach the club constitution in the application, see below for a template.
- March 18th, 2016: Deadline to schedule and complete a meeting with the Rec Club coordinator and all three Club leaders. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up this meeting.
- May 6th, 2016: Approved clubs announced.
- After the meeting, PSU Risk Management in conjunction with Campus Recreation will determine if PSU can approve the club. This can take several weeks depending on the club activity. Some clubs may not be approved; club leaders will be contacted before the May 6th date if there are issues that need to be resolved.
- Spring Term - Middle of May: If accepted, all three club leaders will attend new club training. Time TBA.
Please Note : If your club is accepted, it will not be eligible for funding until its second year.
- Sample Constitution - Complete this or create your own club constitution.
- The Orgsync Application website.
Contact email@example.com or 503-725-2938 with any questions.
The Rec Clubs Council (RCC) is composed of five elected student club leaders that serve as the funding body for all of the Rec Clubs, advise on Rec Clubs policies and procedures, and help handle Rec Clubs conduct issues. All Rec Clubs at Portland State University are represented by the Rec Clubs Council.
The purpose of the RCC is to support learning in student based organizations and nurture student leadership opportunities. The RCC will represent and promote the Recreation Clubs as a whole to the greater campus community. The RCC also provides a venue through which students can create new recreation clubs and member clubs may grow their organizations.
Peter Kramer (Rec Clubs Coordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org
How to become an RCC officer:
Elections for on the Rec Clubs council will be conducted during spring term (dates to be decided). If you are interested in becoming an officer, please complete the application on OrgSync, submit a letter of intent, resume, and a short blurb on why you want to be part of the RCC. Applications and questions can be sent to email@example.com.