Rec clubs strive to embody all the values of Campus Recreation by being community oriented, safe, sustainable, diverse, accessible, and educational.
Who are we?
Portland State Rec Clubs is a student-led program representing different sports, games, and physical activities. Rec Clubs are organized by students and funded by student fees. We encourage participation by providing opportunities for recreation and intercollegiate competition between students of all skill-levels.
Because our clubs are diverse in their activities and missions, they have different requirements to join. The best way to find out how to join a club is to contact one of the student leaders. Below is the club contact list.
Before participating with a club, you must fill out the Rec Clubs Code of Conduct/Liability Waiver.
Active clubs offered
New Club Application Steps for the 2016-2017 Year
There are three steps to starting a club:
- Submitting an application via OrgSync. This application can be found below.
- Attending a one on one meeting with the Rec Club coordinator.
- Attending a New Club Training.
- Fall and Winter Term: Prepare for registration. Get club leaders organized and start finding other students who would be interested.
- February 26th, 2016: Submit new club application on Orgsync. You will attach the club constitution in the application. See constitution template.
- March 18th, 2016: Deadline to schedule and complete a meeting with the Rec Club coordinator and all three Club leaders. Please contact email@example.com to set up this meeting.
- May 6th, 2016: Approved clubs announced.
- After the meeting, PSU Risk Management in conjunction with Campus Recreation will determine if PSU can approve the club. This can take several weeks depending on the club activity. Some clubs may not be approved; club leaders will be contacted before the May 6th date if there are issues that need to be resolved.
- Spring Term - Middle of May: If accepted, all three club leaders will attend new club training. Time TBA.
Please Note : If your club is accepted, it will not be eligible for funding until its second year.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-725-2938 with any questions.