Residence Hall Association's Hall Councils

What are Hall Councils?

The Hall Councils are smaller representative bodies within the larger RHA organization. These councils are made up of students living in specific areas within University Housing & Residence Life. They primarily work to plan programs and events geared towards the interests of those in the community, determine how housing student activity fees are distributed, and provide leadership opportunities for students in the residence halls. We have three Hall Councils in the residence halls:

  1. Ondine Hall Council
  2. Broadway Hall Council
  3. West Area Council (Blackstone, Montgomery, Parkway, Blumel, King Albert, and Epler)

Why get involved in Hall Councils?

There are many benefits to becoming a Hall Council Officer, including 

  • Professional development and leadership skills for post-college employment
  • Opportunity to make positive change in the residence halls
  • Volunteer opportunity that can be used on resumes
  • Attending retreats and leadership training workshops
  • Attending conferences at other universities
  • Having the opportunity to plan and implement activities
  • The chance to build long lasting relationships

Review Position Descriptions:

We encourage you to review the position descriptions prior to applying for these positions. 

Requirements for Candidacy:

To apply you must meet the following requirements:

  • Live in the residence hall or community they are representing.
  • Be registered for at least 8 (OHC & BHC)/12 (WAC) credit hours for undergraduate students and at least 4 credit hours for graduate students.
  • Have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or above.
  • Have signed a yearly housing contract with the University Housing and Residence Life office.
  • Be in good judicial standing with University Housing and Residence Life. 


If you have any questions about the positions themselves, the organization as a whole, or what it means to serve on on Hall Council please contact